My 2000 Integra GS - Curva Red, K Series, 5 lug, jdm front, etc. Weekend Street/Track Build.

Feel free to discuss anything about the late 80s to early 00s Hondas and Acuras!
Gotin
Badge Number: 01-1112

Re: My 2000 Integra GS - Curva Red, K Series, 5 lug, jdm front, etc. Weekend Street/Track Build.

Post by Gotin » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:28 am

The quality of work is amazing.
(hello from Ohio)
-BJ-

DC4MC

Re: My 2000 Integra GS - Curva Red, K Series, 5 lug, jdm front, etc. Weekend Street/Track Build.

Post by DC4MC » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:03 am

Gotin wrote:The quality of work is amazing.
(hello from Ohio)
Thank you! I think I’ve seen your Phoenix yellow at the eibach Honda meets at the Honda Heritage Center? Maybe I’m mistaking your username for someone else.

Gotin
Badge Number: 01-1112

Post by Gotin » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:47 pm

DC4MC wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:03 am
Gotin wrote:The quality of work is amazing.
(hello from Ohio)
Thank you! I think I’ve seen your Phoenix yellow at the eibach Honda meets at the Honda Heritage Center? Maybe I’m mistaking your username for someone else.
Yes, the car was there for all 3 of them.
-BJ-

DC4MC

Post by DC4MC » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:10 pm

A couple weeks ago, after getting the steering column in and getting the car back on the ground, we loaded it up and took it back over to the shop.

ImageImageImage

Tried wiping it down to get it ready to start going back together.

ImageImageImageImageImage

This basically gets me caught up to present day. It’s hard to work during the winter with our shop not being heated, so I’ve poked around at a few items lately. Next big item is getting the brake lines done and replaced. The original rear lines were in pretty rough shape. I am moving the proportioning valve behind the firewall like you can see in a couple precious pictures.

Got my carpet cleaned with shampoo cleaner and ready to go back in.

I also picked up a nice gas tank from jdm Ohio a few months ago. You can see it’s quite a bit nicer than my original one.

Mugen pedals and shift knob

K pro V4

Lug nuts

And lastly I picked up an airbag delete tray from pathidden, picked up a momo wheel and also picked up an s2k master cylinder for the clutch.

PeteTheCarFreak

Post by PeteTheCarFreak » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:16 pm

Man this thing is way too clean

DC4MC

Post by DC4MC » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:14 am

Been spending a couple hours the last couple nights over at the shop just to keep my sanity and get out of the house. Decided to start tackling my brake lines after seeing Insediouseg6 getting his knocked out.

I purchased the Rywire tuck kit a while ago and finally got around to installing it. Probably going to pick up a new master cylinder before I bleed everything.

Drilling for and installing the bulkheads through the firewall.

I opted to leave the srs mount location, and I’m going to run a couple self tappers through the proportional valve to hold it in place.

The rywire softlines worked out super nice in the wheel wells.

Gonna try and get my clutch pedal powdercoated tonight and get that pedal assembly back together so I can bolt up my s2000 clutch master cylinder for the last time. Then I need to figure out where and how I’m going to run my shifter cable and engine harness through the firewall. I must say, it’s not fun at all cutting through fresh paint.

Insidiouseg6
Badge Number: 01-0388

Post by Insidiouseg6 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:17 am

Great progress sir! I know that feeling of having to cut into fresh paint. It's nerve wracking. You're running heater I assume? There isn't a whole lot of space to get the shifter cables through.

Lturner

Post by Lturner » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:46 pm

Awesome build!
01-0629 PY I think?
00-1587 from the motherland CW
17-01699 RR

DC4MC

Post by DC4MC » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:06 pm

Made a little more progress last night. Ended up having to cut out the srs module mount out to make room for the shifter cables and engine Harness to come through the firewall (to insideouseg6’s recommendation).

Dove into the firewall harness as well to delete abs and srs out. I purchased the wireworx jdm front headlight harness which has the passenger side headlight built into it (they’re also built into the firewall harness so I need to figure out if I can pull those out or what I need to do. Also still need to get the car moved onto the lift and figure out rear brake lines.

Also threw in my Mugen pedals just to do something more fun last night.

coolhandluke
Badge Number: 98-1040

Post by coolhandluke » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:28 pm

That red paint looks cherry. I don't envy the wiring work ahead of you.

I need to read up on how to hide/disable SRS and ABS on my cluster. My lights are back after I returned the car to OEM wiring.
Type-R Expo
Current: 98-1040 Stolen 12/22/21
Previous: 98-0197, 01-0187, 98-0731, 97 #00171