My 2000 Integra LS build thread

Feel free to discuss anything about the late 80s to early 00s Hondas and Acuras!
headreduce
Badge Number: 48

Re: My 2000 Integra LS build thread

Post by headreduce » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:19 am

aw614 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:50 pm So far, I don't have many updates on my Integra, but I think sometime in 2024, I am going to start things up again.

Is there any recommendation on B valve springs? I am still very iffy on tracking the car again and sticking to the simple life of just autocross. My concern is, how stiff do I go?, I am going to stick with the CTR cams I have, but I feel I will do a few track days again, but I also know that I am going to ride the limiter in 2nd gear on some autocross sites so some protection at 8600 rpm+ would be nice to have...I have OEM dual valve springs, but I dont know how hard they were driven on and it just seems like asking for trouble. There are a lot of brands and various rates so I am a bit overwhelmed on the choices

Around the same time the motor went, I was also planning on getting my Civic fixed so I've been working on it instead right now. It's been converted to manual and headgasket has been fixed, and used the correct year intake manifold, Ordered an auto to manual harness from Chuckchainz on Hondatech so I can get my cruise control and reverse lights (https://honda-tech.com/forums/sale-10/d ... A-3353245/)

I've been driving the Civic, but need to figure out the P1457 code, had a local shop smoke test and replace evap hoses near gas tank and also the solenoid near by. It was in bad shape due to outdoor rodents. Still getting the error, but checking with another ECU to see if it goes away. This thread got me to try another ecu (viewtopic.php?t=1309)

But I think I am going to have to take it back to the shop to check it again after I drive it more on the other ECU I just got.
Hey Andrew,

Exciting plans for your Integra! For B valve springs, considering your mix of autocross and track days, a middle-of-the-road stiffness could be a good call. Something like Skunk2 or Brian Crower might suit your needs. Don't forget to check user reviews for real-world feedback.

Good job on the Civic progress! The P1457 hiccup sounds like a puzzle. Hoping the ECU swap does the trick, and the shop can nail down the issue on the follow-up. Keep us posted!