Low Sitting Seat Rails for Recaros

Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR/CTR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
PeteTheCarFreak

Post by PeteTheCarFreak » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:43 pm

Hey guys, I know this topic has been cover on other forums but it's all old stuff. I recently purchased some factory DC2 Recaro seats and need them to sit as low as possible. I had some temporary Del Sol seats in the car and I really want them to sit at least as low as those, I wouldn't mind going even lower.

This is an old quote from Honda-Tech:

"I've had numerous seat rails in a DC2 with the OEM SRD seats and this is what I have found.

- OEM DC2 JDM Recaro SRD seat rails are high as efff... if you have a helmet and are over 5'8" good luck.

- Bride RO seat rails, maybe 3/4" lower than the JDM, IMO barely worth the money as they just don't drop the seat enough.

- Vision / Spoon seat rails / Memory fab, 2" ish lower than stock, they all basically drag along the floor carpet! All of them slide a bit sticky but seating position is miles better.. you don't realize just how high and horrible the factory rails are until you sit in a vision slider."

Jay informed me on how unstable the Vision rails are and I've been having trouble finding Spoon or Memory Fab rails. I also came across some "Juran Racing Low Seat Rails" that are claimed to be 1.5" lower than factory.

https://jdmohiodirect.com/jdm-94-01-int ... Seat-Rails

Anyone have some rails for sale or could point me in the right direction?

THANK YOU!!

aklackner

Post by aklackner » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:09 pm

Bride rails sit pretty low to me. I’m 5’10 with shorter legs and longer torso. Pic below

Watch some of the very low rails they change the angle of the seat and that causes issues for some. I don’t know how much lower you’ll get than the bride rails, due to the floorpan support, unless you drop the rails and have the seat/support welded in.

If in the SoCal area PM me and you can check out the fit for you.

Otherwise I believe PLM makes some low rails for the Recaros. No personal experience with them though.

jayhaire
Site Admin
Badge Number: 97 #00151

Re: Low Sitting Seat Rails for Recaros

Post by jayhaire » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:18 pm

Yep, my post on FB is what I would post here. I had the Vision rails, and although they are very low, they're single locking and move around.

Agreed on the angle situation above too, and I have been using Bride RO rails for many years with Recaro SRDs. If you want photos, I'll do my best.
:hammer:

PeteTheCarFreak

Post by PeteTheCarFreak » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:13 am

aklackner wrote:Bride rails sit pretty low to me. I’m 5’10 with shorter legs and longer torso. Pic below

Watch some of the very low rails they change the angle of the seat and that causes issues for some. I don’t know how much lower you’ll get than the bride rails, due to the floorpan support, unless you drop the rails and have the seat/support welded in.

If in the SoCal area PM me and you can check out the fit for you.

Otherwise I believe PLM makes some low rails for the Recaros. No personal experience with them though.

jayhaire wrote:Yep, my post on FB is what I would post here. I had the Vision rails, and although they are very low, they're single locking and move around.

Agreed on the angle situation above too, and I have been using Bride RO rails for many years with Recaro SRDs. If you want photos, I'll do my best.
Thanks for the input guys, yeah I heard bad things about the PLM one and I don't think the Bride RO is going to be enough so I may end up picking up that set that I shared the link to since that's supposed to sit twice as low as the Bride rails. Image

I'm 6'3 barefoot lol

Purplepassiongsr

Post by Purplepassiongsr » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:46 am

I heard the Bride MO rails sit lower than the others but I can't confirm this. Also looking for a set of rails and 6'2", in for more info

PeteTheCarFreak

Post by PeteTheCarFreak » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:50 am

Purplepassiongsr wrote:I heard the Bride MO rails sit lower than the others but I can't confirm this. Also looking for a set of rails and 6'2", in for more info
Do you know if it bolts up to a Recaro like the Bride RO does?

Purplepassiongsr

Post by Purplepassiongsr » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:19 am

PeteTheCarFreak wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:50 am
Purplepassiongsr wrote:I heard the Bride MO rails sit lower than the others but I can't confirm this. Also looking for a set of rails and 6'2", in for more info
Do you know if it bolts up to a Recaro like the Bride RO does?
Alas, I do not. Sorry no first hand experience just something I heard, don't take it for anything more unless others can confirm. I will probably end up getting the ROs for mine

Dave7CDMTYPER
Badge Number: 01-1322

Post by Dave7CDMTYPER » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:23 am

I have Bride rails in my ITR with the recaros. I'm 5'10" and it feels like a pretty low seating position honestly. You may find it suitable for you.
ITR CDM 01-1322
2001 GS-R
I have badge #00-1259 in hand.

PeteTheCarFreak

Post by PeteTheCarFreak » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:12 pm

I called up JDM Ohio Direct and they said the rails were new and they indeed sit 1.5 inches lower than OEM (which is twice as much as Bride RO). Ordered them and I'll let you guys know how well they work when they get here!

Purplepassiongsr and I will just need a bit more space being over 6 foot

Grey

Post by Grey » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:47 am

PeteTheCarFreak wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:12 pm I called up JDM Ohio Direct and they said the rails were new and they indeed sit 1.5 inches lower than OEM (which is twice as much as Bride RO). Ordered them and I'll let you guys know how well they work when they get here!

Purplepassiongsr and I will just need a bit more space being over 6 foot Image
i had these rails mounted to my srd n the past, but i am too tall to utilize with a helmet. had to switch to a buddyclub seat/rail combo.