Project G.eezS.R. Build thread

Feel free to discuss anything about the late 80s to early 00s Hondas and Acuras!
Nick MC

Re: Project G.eezS.R. Build thread

Post by Nick MC » Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:42 pm

Things are picking up fast. I’m starting to get anxiety, I just want to start reassembly. 2 steps forward and 1 step back. Unfortunately, I was furloughed from my job last week. I’ll just look at the bright side and take the time to finish the build and evaluate myself as well.
Jams are all painted and body panels are fit nicely.
01-1058: Sold
'00 EBP Civic Si: Sold
'09 Civic LX-S Wife wagon
'13 Silverado Tow Vehicle

Nick MC

Post by Nick MC » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:40 am

Thanksgiving update: the last few weeks have been a whirlwind. Between the layoff, going full virtual learning at my kids school, and trying to decide whether or not to complete this project, it’s been sobering to say the least. Since the car was almost done anyway and well within our budget we finished the paint and it is gorgeous. I’ve never seen “new” supersonic blue pearl in person. Pictures don’t do it justice. I was able to get the interior and glass put back in. I used the JDM As3 glass in the rear (same as as2 just tinted) and the standard as2 for the doors. The windshield I just used off the shelf from the installer. It has the tint above the as1 line unlike the factory but I’m not going for super original here.Image
I have some massaging to do with the bumpers to get the lines right. Some electrical gremlins from the central locking have to be addressed. It needs aligned and inspected but I’ve gotten it far enough now that I can take a breather for the holidays and just show off the clear coat to my family. God bless and happy holidays R fam.

Stin1

Post by Stin1 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:53 am

Looks great! Sorry about your job .

ph8ed4life

Post by ph8ed4life » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:56 am

Man, this brings back good memories of a friends SSBP GSR. Such a neat color when it’s fresh. I take it that this car had a matching drivetrain? Reason I ask is that my friends car went back East after he passed, and I had to assemble the car back to stock for his family... except the drivetrain, which was an LS swap since his was long gone

RTW DC2R

Post by RTW DC2R » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:11 am

Nice job Nick! Looks sexy. Sorry to hear about the job situation. Hope things come around for you and the fam.
98-0034 (sold)
00-XXXX (sold)

practice chaos to develop control.

Nick MC

Post by Nick MC » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:37 am

ph8ed4life wrote:Man, this brings back good memories of a friends SSBP GSR. Such a neat color when it’s fresh. I take it that this car had a matching drivetrain? Reason I ask is that my friends car went back East after he passed, and I had to assemble the car back to stock for his family... except the drivetrain, which was an LS swap since his was long gone
Yes, it was all vin matching. It’s a shame too because the body was beat, not from rust but just abuse. For the miles and the original drivetrain I thought it was worth it. I have an R swap in it now to enjoy the car with but will probably clean up and reseal the original b18c1.

Nick MC

Post by Nick MC » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:40 am

Thanks for the well wishes too, honestly a bit of a relief the job was kinda toxic and gave me an opportunity to look for something different if not better.

ph8ed4life

Post by ph8ed4life » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:28 pm

Nick MC wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:37 am
ph8ed4life wrote:Man, this brings back good memories of a friends SSBP GSR. Such a neat color when it’s fresh. I take it that this car had a matching drivetrain? Reason I ask is that my friends car went back East after he passed, and I had to assemble the car back to stock for his family... except the drivetrain, which was an LS swap since his was long gone
Yes, it was all vin matching. It’s a shame too because the body was beat, not from rust but just abuse. For the miles and the original drivetrain I thought it was worth it. I have an R swap in it now to enjoy the car with but will probably clean up and reseal the original b18c1.
Gotcha, I did read that you had installed an R swap. Fantastic on the matching VIN swap, and double fantastic work on saving/up fitting the chassis as you did. I think this knowledge will go a long way to help others save their cars when damage happens

Lturner

Post by Lturner » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:10 pm

Car looks great! Love the color. If you ever decide to sell let me know.
01-0629 PY I think?
00-1587 from the motherland CW
17-01699 RR

hondarcb

Post by hondarcb » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:06 am

Love this.