WTB - High miles, CW / BLACK, CLEAN TITLE ITR $20k or less. thanks

Post ITR/CTR Cars For Sale Here
Tekjd

Re: WTB - High miles, CW / BLACK, CLEAN TITLE ITR $20k or less. thanks

Post by Tekjd » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:11 pm

I know, thanks for looking out on this forum.

Tekjd

Post by Tekjd » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:30 am

aklackner wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:44 pm
Tekjd wrote:Hey Guys, just want to say I love this forum. I finally got some room for a itr so if anyone want to sell to the next care taker then I am here to pay. This will be for daily driving until the wheels falls off. Thank you, John email tekjd@yahoo.com
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3926538413

Looks like a good candidate?
Hopefully someone could understand the history of this car because there's conflict between carfax and auto check. Auto check warns about other damage report in red but carfax had no damage. If any anyone knows please help. Thanks

aklackner

Post by aklackner » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:37 am

I don't have any personal knowledge of this car but....
If that's the one on e-bay. It looked like there was a report of Frame\significant damage it was still a clean CA title though so it wasn't totaled.

Best way to see if that's acceptable would be to inspect, could be a deal breaker or not.

I purchased my ITR remotely from EC all reports were clean and everything seemed like it was above board as represented. Once I received the car and really inspected I quickly realized it was not as represented and has become a much more involved project included compromises I'm not all that thrilled with. Moral of my story arrange to personally inspect before buying, it is worth it in time and effort even for a driver car (and also maybe you can amaze yourself what you can make work for you if you commit to it).

Cheers and hopefully someone here has some info on the history. Did the post have a badge number at all, that might help with history.

coolhandluke
Badge Number: 98-1040

Post by coolhandluke » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:41 am

The Type R community has been willing to assist buyers in the past. The hurdle is many are split across social, oght, and this forum now.
Type-R Expo
Current: 98-1040 Stolen 12/22/21
Previous: 98-0197, 01-0187, 98-0731, 97 #00171

RTW DC2R

Post by RTW DC2R » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:53 am

Here is some info on that car that I have in my archive, not sure if helpful or not

http://s303.photobucket.com/user/rtwdc2 ... California

Notes:
Not sure if info is legit/accurate.
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/deta ... /overview/
http://forums.itrexpo.com/zerothread?id=17876
This is a genuine 2001 black Integra Type-R #895 CLEAN TITLE,! I bought the car in 2003 and I am the second owner. It has been my daily driver ever since, and I love this car! The motor is a B18C5 that I bought from the dealer brand new in 2012. The head is a B16 head that was ported by Tom over at Portflow and it has Portflow springs and retainers, ARP headstuds. It has the original stock Type-R cams-AEM adjustable cam gears. The intake manifold is ported and the throttle body is an RPM 70mm TB. Equipped with an AEM cold air intake. It has an SMSP B20VTEC header, Mugen B-pipe and a Hytech twin loop muffler. The car uses a Hondata S300 for engine management and was tuned at Church Automotive Testing. The ignition system is a Hondata coil on plug system. The suspension is stock type-R. Wheels are 15" Rotas. The headlight assemblies and starter are brand new from Acura.Type-R's are becoming rarer by the day, so opportunities to acquire this legendary car are disappearing.$29,999 OBO.
98-0034 (sold)
00-XXXX (sold)

practice chaos to develop control.

Tekjd

Post by Tekjd » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:28 pm

Thank you for everyones advice and additional information on the car. In this situation, I will contact the owner and see the car vs bidding. There are a few major unknowns that needs to be seen in person. I might miss out on this but $20k is much harder to come by than finding a itr. I will update, hope it's a solid car.