My other CW 98 type r

Feel free to discuss anything about the late 80s to early 00s Hondas and Acuras!
Stin1

Re: My other CW 98 type r

Post by Stin1 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:06 pm

How do you daily this car ? If I leave my hatch out front or at the grocery store I have hand and face prints all over the windows. I went to a gas station for 3 minutes and my lady caught 4 dudes swarming it , when she spoke up they ran off. Love the car. It's like my hatch's big brother.
IMG_0470.jpg
IMG_0470.jpg (158.3 KiB) Viewed 828 times

noahf

Post by noahf » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:23 pm

well i say daily but really driving from my house to my work (gated parking garage / my own parking spot / not viewable from street) and then i dont really take it anywhere like the grocery store or the mall. i basically have no life except sleeping/working/driving.

Stin1

Post by Stin1 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:23 pm

I have no gated nothing for work. I would totally try and daily it in your position. I didn't buy a modern car because modern Honda and Acura are pretty large . I have a 2014 accord sport 6 speed. It's my lady's car. It's cool . It's big, great on trips. I didn't want to drive something like it everyday. I would love to drive the hatch everywhere . I found a alternative but your car is way sweeter.

noahf

Post by noahf » Sat May 16, 2020 3:56 pm

O how lazy I have been. After daily driving this thing everyday for 3 months and putting roughly 10k miles on it, I decided to get a old person daily driver. So this hasnt been getting a lot of love lately.

The b20 block came back from the machine shop in March. I just ordered all the other parts except for a clutch. I am going to keep the b16b trans and possibly get a synchrotech rebuild done on it.

Parts bought/ordered:
Ported RLZ gsr head - use but in great condition. got a good deal on this.
I have the choice of Skunk2 Pro 2 or Toda B series cams, so will run one of these
GSR water pump + gates belt
Type R oil pump
Golden Eagle VTEC conversion kit
ARP head studs
Oil Pan
Toda Cam Gears

Only things left are header and intake. As of now, I still have not received my Hytech exhaust. I should email him about that, its been 14 months.

Stin1

Post by Stin1 » Tue May 19, 2020 8:25 pm

noahf wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 3:56 pm O how lazy I have been. After daily driving this thing everyday for 3 months and putting roughly 10k miles on it, I decided to get a old person daily driver. So this hasnt been getting a lot of love lately.

The b20 block came back from the machine shop in March. I just ordered all the other parts except for a clutch. I am going to keep the b16b trans and possibly get a synchrotech rebuild done on it.

Parts bought/ordered:
Ported RLZ gsr head - use but in great condition. got a good deal on this.
I have the choice of Skunk2 Pro 2 or Toda B series cams, so will run one of these
GSR water pump + gates belt
Type R oil pump
Golden Eagle VTEC conversion kit
ARP head studs
Oil Pan
Toda Cam Gears

Only things left are header and intake. As of now, I still have not received my Hytech exhaust. I should email him about that, its been 14 months.
What is the old person daily driver ? Solid mileage on her .

noahf

Post by noahf » Tue May 19, 2020 11:15 pm

with the amount of mileage i drive and the cost of fuel, i ended up buying a tesla model 3 and pay about +200 a month vs gas on the ctr. its kinda crazy that gas was about $450 a month even getting 29mpg. So after car payment + electricity increase (i also get free charging at work, so its 1/2 subsidized) its about +200 a month to drive the tesla.

AzhotR

Post by AzhotR » Wed May 20, 2020 12:38 pm

How do you like the model 3. I been considering trading my sti for one. Plus they recently got a charging station at my work so I can save there.

JDMJNKY
Badge Number: 0874

Post by JDMJNKY » Thu May 21, 2020 1:07 am

This is my favorite chassis ever, one of the most elusive cars in true form. Congrats, congrats, congrats!

noahf

Post by noahf » Fri May 22, 2020 3:42 pm

AzhotR wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 12:38 pm How do you like the model 3. I been considering trading my sti for one. Plus they recently got a charging station at my work so I can save there.
im not the best person to ask. i think its soulless, horrible, and cookie cutter. its basically the silicon valley prius and i hate being a member of the "tesla owners group." But it makes a lot of financial sense, it is kinda quite, and makes my commute a lot easier. My youtube review of it would be: you are paying a huge premium for the technology and getting a cheap version of other cars in that class. Everyone raves about the interior, but its a minimal design. I feel its "cheaper" then most acura's from the same class, including a TSX. it has poor acoustics, not speakers/music, but its just a "loud" car on the road, which doesnt make sense. I can really hear the road noise in the tesla. I had a 600 whp e85 sti that i dailied for a while but only an idiot would build a monster and think it could do 150 miles a day every day.
JDMJNKY wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 1:07 am This is my favorite chassis ever, one of the most elusive cars in true form. Congrats, congrats, congrats!
Thank you! mine too. I always wanted one and somehow had the chance to get it. I think my color pref goes VSM > PY < CW when it comes to the ek9, but i really enjoy my CW ek9.

Stin1

Post by Stin1 » Fri May 22, 2020 4:22 pm

My friend has one . He has a spreadsheet. He told me it hadn’t saved any money. He also has the charging at work as well .