My other CW 98 type r

Feel free to discuss anything about the late 80s to early 00s Hondas and Acuras!
aklackner

Re: My other CW 98 type r

Post by aklackner » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:33 pm

I'd bet you could just take some basic steel (water heater) strapping and glue a few (depending on length of cracks) long strips perpendicular to the cracks with the JB plastic bonder with a stripe of the bonder as best as you can in\on the cracks.

noahf

Post by noahf » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:26 pm

and were back! im not a photographer but took these last night with the new rim setup. gave it a quick bath on Sunday between one of my 20 projects I have going on.

I sold off the regamasters and a friend offered up his mugens at what I felt was too good of a deal to pass up on. They are in 9/10 condition with some very small marks on random spots. no curbages, great color, and brand new tires (same tires as my sw388's and good for road driving.)

its sitting a little high right now. I dont have coil overs or aklackner alignment/corner balancing services scheduled.. yet. but soon enough ill be on some koni/gc's i think.

also theres some very small things that bother me and i may look into buying a "new" front end from icb and selling this one off: the hood has burned in stickers (mentioned this before) but theres also a lot of rock chips, one of the tabs on the front bumper is broken (can see the passenger side "gap" is pretty big, its because thats where the broken tab is.) and lastly, the headlights appear to not be CTR headlights. hoping to find a good condition CW front end and then swap everything over and avoid having to part/paint.

other than that, been driving it around. getting about 28mpg per tank, and most of that is high way adult :roll: driving

Stin1

Post by Stin1 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:59 am

The mugens look great!

noahf

Post by noahf » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:54 pm

Stin1 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:59 am The mugens look great!
Thanks. Im hesitant to agree because this is my first mugen product after nearly 18 years of hating mugen, but i bought them because they are one of the classic rims/setups. They work way better than the silver regas

coolhandluke
Badge Number: 98-1040

Post by coolhandluke » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:54 pm

I dig your setup. That is a timeless setup (EK9 + MF10s.) :D
Type-R Expo
Current: 98-1040 Stolen 12/22/21
Previous: 98-0197, 01-0187, 98-0731, 97 #00171

white rocket

Post by white rocket » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:52 pm

Looks great. I dig the MF10's over the silver Rega's.
"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"

noahf

Post by noahf » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:48 pm

coolhandluke wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:54 pm I dig your setup. That is a timeless setup (EK9 + MF10s.) :D
white rocket wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:52 pm Looks great. I dig the MF10's over the silver Rega's.
thanks guys. i completely agree. it took a total of lowering the car on the regas to know they didnt work, and when i told my friend i was selling and he asked if i wanted to buy the mf10's, it wasnt even a question, it had to happen.

I do have one extra set of rims now (besides my stock itr's) and those are some ssr firenze's in gold. thought those wont be on it daily, i will get them one for some photos at some point.

but for now, just been driving and enjoying it.

has anyone done any small paint patches on their ITR? like hand size areas where its just paint? looking for a dyi on a single stage...

ngoan
Badge Number: 98-0268

Post by ngoan » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:45 am

Wow, what a beauty! Although I prefer the OEM CW wheels, the MF10s look hot on any car.
2011 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (Grey/Black)
2009 Honda S2000 CR AC/Audio (RYP)
1998 Acura Integra Type R #98-0268 (CW)

noahf

Post by noahf » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:29 pm

thanks. I actually really liked how it looked on the oem rims as well. I may look for another set for daily duties (the current set is for track duties and has r888's mounted.) but then i would have 5 or 6 sets of rims, and even though i can share between 2 cars, its a lot of space to take up.

noahf

Post by noahf » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:41 am

replaced 3 motor mounts (timing belt one, trans mount, rear mount) with new oem mounts from an em1 and the car sounds so much better now. the old mounts appear to be nearly solid with a very stiff rubber. i would imagine they are some "jdm race mounts." It is no longer a shaking disaster as it was before. i wont be sure until tomorrow but it sounds way better (= quitter) and ill have db measurements for before and after at idle and at cruise.

also replaced rear tail light that went out.

and tore down a b20 yesterday to get a b20 build going. it appears i will be doing a b20 vtec with gsr head and gsr trans for daily duties. this isnt going to be a race car but i would like a little more power than the b16b offers. a mild build with a longer trans for the highway duties. its going to be a 2.0 gsr build (gsr crank/rods instead of b20 crank with b20rods.) I think ill be running toda spec b's that a friend has but he currently claims to have lost them so im not sure if i will be running skunk2 or bc cams. anyone have good cam recommendations for a street friendly b20 build that is also maybe more "road race" than "drag race" when it comes to ideal "torque curve" looks?

currently have:
b20 block
gsr crank
type r rods

need:
gsr head
gsr trans
moroso pan
oil pump
b20 vtec golden eagle kit
head studs
water pump and timing belt
oem tensioner
clutch

think i will be using jdm type r "style" pistons in a 84.5mm, just waiting for confirmation they are available and that the block needs to be .5 over. also, b16 pistons made the comp ratio into the 13's which is far to aggressive for cali 91 gasoline.

other news: been driving like 800 miles a week right now and i love this car. sorry for no pictures.

and yes, ive decided to build an entire other b series swap and keep the b16b setup "original" and it will be placed in the garage. the wife is gonna be psyched!

recap questions:
what cams?
whats a good oemish clutch that will handle the power but also be super daily but also last a long time?