Theft Recovery VA Gov Aution

Post ITR/CTR Cars For Sale Here
Little_Nolan

Theft Recovery VA Gov Aution

Post by Little_Nolan » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:19 pm

https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=M ... cctid=3954

Not sure if this is posted yet the above link is for an ITR that I recovered, conducted an investigation on and then forfeited for the commonwealth of VA/ VCU.

I am intimately familiar with the car and can provide everyone with a full run down on anything.

Also, I am in control of a number of parts for the vehicle which are still in evidence and I have the ability to turn over to new owner.

Please post your questions and I will gladly answer. I would prefer this to go to an ITR enthusiast. I will also try and provide a full copy of the arrest report and my investigation to next owner to go along with the car.

Here are the specs:

-2001 ITR Chassis (cluster shows around 112k iirc) originally stolen from Northern VA in 2015
-JDM Front End
-USDM GSR B18C1 from a DB8 stolen from Northern VA (vin removed - Serial number intact)
-USDM interior stolen from an 00 ITR from FL (confirmed through ITRCA data base and FL theft records)
-VIN swap from 1997 SE coupe Richmond VA (from a totaled SE in Richmond 2015)
-LS Trans stolen from Richmond VA 1996 MY (Vin removed - serial number intact)
-4 lug swap
-Off brand coil overs
-Off brand wheels
-OEM JDM ITR ECU no immobilizer
-Keys do not match between several parts of vehicle
-The vehicle did run, but this was over (2) years ago when I made the arrest and it was last started about a year ago

I went through a lot with the DMV, Commonwealth attorney's office and the police department to ensure this was not crushed or scrapped. I have put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into this.

I also know the original b18C5 motor and transmission serial numbers, but have no idea where they are at.

Below are some pics. I also have hundreds more from the actual investigation.

Taken on the initial traffic stop.

This was taken hours later when I executed the warrants.

Taken when I executed a search warrant of vehicle after seizure

Current: 97-00305, '19 ZR2 2.8L Duramax, '97 EX Sedan

Previous: 97-0322, 97 DB8R, 98-0197, CR-154

DC231

Re: Theft Recovery VA Gov Aution

Post by DC231 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:53 pm

Little_Nolan wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:19 pm https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=M ... cctid=3954

Not sure if this is posted yet the above link is for an ITR that I recovered, conducted an investigation on and then forfeited for the commonwealth of VA/ VCU.

I am intimately familiar with the car and can provide everyone with a full run down on anything.

Also, I am in control of a number of parts for the vehicle which are still in evidence and I have the ability to turn over to new owner.

Please post your questions and I will gladly answer. I would prefer this to go to an ITR enthusiast. I will also try and provide a full copy of the arrest report and my investigation to next owner to go along with the car.

Here are the specs:

-2001 ITR Chassis (cluster shows around 112k iirc) originally stolen from Northern VA in 2015
-JDM Front End
-USDM GSR B18C1 from a DB8 stolen from Northern VA (vin removed - Serial number intact)
-USDM interior stolen from an 00 ITR from FL (confirmed through ITRCA data base and FL theft records)
-VIN swap from 1997 SE coupe Richmond VA (from a totaled SE in Richmond 2015)
-LS Trans stolen from Richmond VA 1996 MY (Vin removed - serial number intact)
-4 lug swap
-Off brand coil overs
-Off brand wheels
-OEM JDM ITR ECU no immobilizer
-Keys do not match between several parts of vehicle
-The vehicle did run, but this was over (2) years ago when I made the arrest and it was last started about a year ago

I went through a lot with the DMV, Commonwealth attorney's office and the police department to ensure this was not crushed or scrapped. I have put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into this.

I also know the original b18C5 motor and transmission serial numbers, but have no idea where they are at.

Below are some pics. I also have hundreds more from the actual investigation.

Taken on the initial traffic stop.

This was taken hours later when I executed the warrants.

Taken when I executed a search warrant of vehicle after seizure

do you know which VIN # is on the dash? it is unclear on the listing which VIN # is on the dashboard.. it could be an RS car with Type R dash considering the 4 lug hubs. I doubt it but its unclear at this point.

Little_Nolan

Post by Little_Nolan » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:58 pm

No, not an RS and it is absolutely clear at this point. This is an ITR. The chassis is an ITR chassis. No hole in the engine bay, rear sway support, rear trunk bar ect.

As I stated, I conducted the full investigation on this vehicle - the case lasted over (2) years. The dash shows a 1997 Special Edition VIN as does the firewall. They were swapped out in a failed attempt to cover up the theft and throw Law Enforcement off. Unfortunately for the thief I happened to come into contact with him.

walker111

Post by walker111 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:01 pm

:thumbup:

Little_Nolan

Post by Little_Nolan » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:04 pm

I took the above images on the traffic stop.

aw614

Post by aw614 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:03 pm

Wow, I hope someone here picks it up, really wish I had the space/money and way to ship it down to Florida
-Andrew Wong

Type R

Post by Type R » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:44 pm

Great that you were able to do this. Why does the last legit owner not get their car back?
@USDMITR

DC231

Post by DC231 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:58 pm

Type R wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:44 pm Great that you were able to do this. Why does the last legit owner not get their car back?
they probably got a payout from the insurance company.

Little_Nolan

Post by Little_Nolan » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:01 pm

That’s a great question, glad you asked.

Insurance paid out on the car and that insurance company expressed no interest in attempting to separate the chassis from the interior, motor, trans and aftermarket parts added since the theft then they are stuck with having to re-VIN the vehicle to be able to sell it. It was not financially beneficial for that insurance company to recover it.

DC231

Post by DC231 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:02 pm

Little_Nolan wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:58 pm No, not an RS and it is absolutely clear at this point. This is an ITR. The chassis is an ITR chassis. No hole in the engine bay, rear sway support, rear trunk bar ect.

As I stated, I conducted the full investigation on this vehicle - the case lasted over (2) years. The dash shows a 1997 Special Edition VIN as does the firewall. They were swapped out in a failed attempt to cover up the theft and throw Law Enforcement off. Unfortunately for the thief I happened to come into contact with him.
cool.. I was just curious if you knew more info... that really sux that they swapped out the firewall VIN.. the things people do SMH :hammer: