Civic Type R discussion

Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR/CTR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
white rocket

Re: Civic Type R discussion

Post by white rocket » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:13 pm

They almost look like they could pass as Lambo wheels when they are not mounted to the car :lol: :lol:

So who will be the first with Volk Saga's I wonder?
"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"

Zyg

Post by Zyg » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:59 pm

Beginning of last year (between the ITR, CRXs and 06 si), I had something like a dozen sets of wheels in the basement (including 5 1/2 sets of Volks, some Desmonds and 2 sets of 15x8 Rotas), at least half of which had tires on them.

All those are gone now, and will just be staying with one spare stock set for the CTR!
Downsizing the car stuff in hopes of moving to a nicer place in a couple years. 8-)
Last edited by Zyg on Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Outrun

Post by Outrun » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:59 pm

white rocket

Post by white rocket » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:08 pm

Zyg wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:59 pm Beginning of last year (between the ITR, CRXs and 06 si), I had something like a dozen sets of wheels in the basement (including 5 1/2 sets of Volks, some Desmonds and 2 sets of 15x8 Rotas), at least half of which had tires on them.

All those are gone now, and will just be staying with one spare stock set for the CTR!
Downsizing the car stuff in hopes of moving to a nicer place in a couple years. 8-)
Good stuff. I'm no stranger to wheel hoarding with 5 sets of Volks, 16x7 SW388 and 15x7 Work RSZ-R's plus OEM 15's and 16's. Just need a set of MF10's and 15" Rega's and I'm set. Ha!

A good friend of mine just picked up his black CTR yesterday. Different than the one we had on track on Monday. I went to have a peek today and I really dig it. We both agree that black is superior to white as the contrast makes the faux carbon stuff look kind of cheap. Also the lines of the car, which I'm not too big on, are nicely hidden with black. I fear it is growing on me so I can't hate on it anymore. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing. Lol!
"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"

Zyg

Post by Zyg » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:13 pm

ayau wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:23 pmDid yours have the guide pins already removed?
Went back and looked again, guide pin is still in place.

Edit: Am about to swap on my tack rims/tires ... lugnuts are 7/8" - 21mm, studs are 14 (for sure) x 1.25 (I think).
What's the torque spec for the lug nuts (80-85 as ususal)?

Never mind, stopped by the dealer and got a manual printout (93 lbs. max).
BTW -- they had another CTR getting picked up (their third for the year, in CW).

Zyg

Post by Zyg » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:59 pm

I'm thinking that since I sold the race car to negate the need for a trailer & tow vehicle and to simplify my track day complications, that I may just drive the CTR up on the track day tires with some tools and essentially just do an arrive and drive like the rest of you guys (particularly now that I have garage space for the coffeemaker). :coffee:

ayau

Post by ayau » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:11 pm

Zyg wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:13 pm
ayau wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:23 pmDid yours have the guide pins already removed?
Went back and looked again, guide pin is still in place.

Edit: Am about to swap on my tack rims/tires ... lugnuts are 7/8" - 21mm, studs are 14 (for sure) x 1.25 (I think).
What's the torque spec for the lug nuts (80-85 as ususal)?

Never mind, stopped by the dealer and got a manual printout (93 lbs. max).
BTW -- they had another CTR getting picked up (their third for the year, in CW).

Will you be removing those guide pins to max out negative camber? Would be interesting to see how much additional camber you can get from it.

Zyg

Post by Zyg » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:32 am

ayau wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:11 pmWill you be removing those guide pins to max out negative camber? Would be interesting to see how much additional camber you can get from it.
Gave that a thought, but for this time out I'm leaving the suspension settings alone.

I did order some upgraded pads and brake fluid last night from Tire Rack

ayau

Post by ayau » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:01 pm

Picked mine up on 9/1/2017. Still breaking her in.

Here are the factory alignment procedures and specifications if anyone is interested.

http://www.civicx.com/threads/factory-a ... ons.15163/

907ITR

Post by 907ITR » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:53 pm

We had one at a track event up here in Alaska this past weekend, I was out there with my built K20 ITR as well. I really think the CTR would've been faster around the course we had this last weekend if the driver wasn't completely new to driving on track. Everyone who drove it had nothin but positive things to say about the way it drove, and that it didn't seem to drive like a FWD car at all, seems very ITR-esque.

Also I will say that if you're a bigger dude and the seats might be holding you back on the new car, the bolsters are VERY generous, I managed to get my fat ass in them and was quite comfortable given my 46" waist, just a bit hard to get in and out. Also the blue that these cars come in is FANTASTIC, I much preferred it over the blue on the Focus RS we also had present.