ITR 00-0874 ... Life after death

Feel free to discuss anything about the late 80s to early 00s Hondas and Acuras!
JDMJNKY
Badge Number: 0874

Re: ITR 00-0874 ... Life after death

Post by JDMJNKY » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:52 pm

Another update on all things tedious. I didn't enjoy this at all, lol but the beauty IMO is a reward. Despite some of the beauty seen here I don't think I could afford to buy all new goods, well overtime maybe but this would take even longer. Being a father of 3 my time is stretched thin as it is. But enjoy, some good ol fashioned DIY.

More parts to be cleaned

Parts all cleaned up - Next time I do this I will consult the help of a vibratory tumbler / electronic cleaner.

for any level car enthusiasts clean VS dirty bolts.

next phase would be the rejuvenation of these old parts - Time for some Paint

My bolt spray booth

Revisiting the moment, the body shop allowed me time to get my suspension together, so that the car would be a rolling shell. As more pcs came in, I was able to complete my used 32mm 5 lug.

after spending so much time with these bolts ID'ing them came instinctive. bagged accordingly.

front shields

front knuckle hardware

ordered moog fronts, as oem was 3-5 days, again, time was of the essence.

a few hours later on the press and viola
Image[/url]

Image[/url]

cali or not, anti seize is clutch

and some of those non essentials I mentioned that keeps rearing their ugly head.

A decent set of clear corners for the UK bumper

a clean set a sold and later bought back from my friend insidious Jorge, these will be for the new oem bumper.

after some conjecture with friends, being that the car is yellow, I've decided to switch it's theme from Mugen to spoon. :/ I've been blessed to trade and barter for the following pcs. As you can see I'm pretty whimsical, time is my enemy LOL. The spoon wires were not kept well, so I cleaned them and ironed them out using zip ties.

as time elapsed I found the Kevlar cover cheap

revisited the goods again for this wholesome pic

Hey everyone, I apologize for the hiatus. I've been very "busy" with life. I haven't updated my thread in such a while; I haven't abandoned the build at all. A lot of personal life has came along and derailed my vision and progress. Growing pains. The good news is, I have some updates to share...YEEE! This cars theme has been taken a whole new direction, without boring you all with words, I'll just let the pictures roll.

Loaded up on short notice; I used some weds sports to retrieve the R from the paint shop.

3/30/18 - They were kind enough to let me install it there.

The night she returned home - here she'd stay, stagnant, collecting dust for the next 12 months LOL

There's no day after pill, when choosing colors - The following day.

I was tired of looking at this red fender and ordered some paint match online to see the results. Did this outside, smart right? yeah I know! It was fun to see an aerosol can net some good results, If I tried my best I could have only imagined the results - sucks the hue was off.

This would be our last point of contact until 2018.

g3teg97
Badge Number: 98-0379

Post by g3teg97 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:48 am

Awesome thread! Love these updates and the pictures are high quality.

JDMJNKY

Post by JDMJNKY » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:55 am

Morning Sir, Thank you. I tried to slow down and document this car a little better. I enjoy build threads. :thumbup:

white rocket

Post by white rocket » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:57 am

Looks great man! Love all the resto stuff like bolt cleaning and the painted bits. I support the theme change to Spoon :trophy:
"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"

ITRDEC

Post by ITRDEC » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:11 pm

awesome build buddy, keep up the good work!

JDMJNKY

Post by JDMJNKY » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:17 pm

white rocket wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:57 am Looks great man! Love all the resto stuff like bolt cleaning and the painted bits. I support the theme change to Spoon :trophy:
HAHAHA I grew up admiring a Mugen ITR; hence the bias. Have you ever bought a car and know it's pre-dedicated theme? LOL that's kind of the path I was on. I may have said this once before, but with the DC2 it can go either way. Like for me, an EK9 can only be spoon. It's just one of those gray zones.

Mugen:
  • DC2, TSX/CL7, Inspire UC1 CD's etc, AP1/2
Spoon:
  • EK9, EG6, TSX/CL7, EF, EA,
ITRDEC wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:11 pm awesome build buddy, keep up the good work!
I'll most definitely try. This car/chassis has probably brought out my most attentive care side; either that or I'm growing older and tolerate less of the hack job witchcraft.

Before I continue onto the engine ( which I'll begin to post tomorrow ), I forgot to post the WANG, can't have an ITR w/out the wang!!! Sourced via FB.

Missing Post - I chose MR/HR rear T/A Bushings. I never would go back to stock here.

CSR Rotors / RSX-S Rear Calipers

Calipers for the front, all 4 corners will get re-done, and front rotors will be purchased soon.

Spoon goods carried over ( the wheel is now in retirement, I was using it daily, until one thread began to come a loose :( )

Mr.Ichisama-san and I at a track event and my sedan I used before I gave it to my brother.

JDMJNKY

Post by JDMJNKY » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:25 am

Well, onto the power plant. This was inspired by spoon theology. Not down to the T, but a derivative of their theology. There are so many images I don't know where to begin, it won't be organized; hopefully as chronological as I can get it without loosing hair.

- This was the beginning, the cams would set the tone for this build. Edlebrock 4730. After a lot of reading and learning about this camshaft I decided it would be perfect for the ITR. I don't care about max whp (strange, I know). My focus is efficiency, longevity and mid-range street performance.

Some parts thanks to Ferdo and my brotha Jona

JDMJNKY

Post by JDMJNKY » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:11 am

Tonights post is simple and sweet. Finding, organizing, and uploading the engine images have become a task of its own.

- LMAs ( Lightened, polished, positionally balanced )

Gross Weight Vs Gross Weight Reduction

safe to say "net weight" vs. "net weight"-reduction?

* Ninja Edit. I may have left the nuts and screws in the OEM LMAs. I'll have to weigh those separately and re-calculate. Upset I didn't take a picture of the items facing the same way. Doesn't seem like something I'd do, but it happened. I do not wish to share mis-information, nor do I wish to spread "inflated" data.

Thanks
Joel.

white rocket

Post by white rocket » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:31 am

Whoa, polished and balanced rockers. How very Spoon of you :trophy:
"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"

DC2Iggy

Post by DC2Iggy » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:53 am

Love this build. Your documentation and attention to detail is amazing!