VSM ITR build 01-0388

Feel free to discuss anything about the late 80s to early 00s Hondas and Acuras!
Insidiouseg6
Badge Number: 01-0388

VSM ITR build 01-0388

Post by Insidiouseg6 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:45 pm

Let's see where to begin.....

​​​​​ I currently own 00-1149 PY ITR and had all these huge plans for it (K swap, fresh paint, etc) but as I was about to get ready to drop off the PY ITR at the paint shop, I stumbled on a for sale post on the forums. A 01 ITR shell that was formerly NHBP but had been painted Toyota Tacoma Cement grey. The cost of the paint job on my PY was just about the same price as this shell. Soooo...After some thinking I decided that I would keep my PY original and pick up this shell as the track toy/weekend warrior.

The car arrived on 4/6/17 stuffed with bumpers, door panels, boxes etc..

The car came with some cool goodies
*Spoon titanium shift knob
*Spoon rear strut bar
*spoon N1 axle back
*Viper alarm (in box)
*Painted side skirts
*Painted front and rear bumpers
*JDM headlights
*OEM JDM front end conversion
*Energy suspension Bushing kit (in box)
*Rack and pinion (in box)
*17x7 in Work Emotion CAR Kai
* 1 spare Gunmetal ITR wheel
*01 ITR Floor mats
*ITR door panels
*All the faux CF Interior goodies
*ITR dual din stereo block off off

After organizing everything that was stuffed inside the car I began cleaning up the interior a bit. This car had been sitting for years so the amount of dust and crap inside was crazy.
After a little cleaning it didn't look to shabby!

Car came with the JDM headlights that were pretty beat so I had a buddy of mine hit them with the polish wheel.

That's how she currently sits. Still brainstorming how I wanna execute this build. I do think I'm gonna pull the rear interior out and have it paint matched to the car.

Oh,
​​​​​A little history on the car...
Car was originally a California car in the Modesto area up until it was stolen from the first owner around 2004. It was then sold in a auction to a guy from Louisiana who went by ITRFREDDY (on honda-tech). Through some Honda tech searching I found that ITRFREDDY bought this shell for $4100 from the auction and was missing the swap, front end, seats, armrest with badge, and had the engine harness cut. He also bought a Yellow one from an auction in Pennsylvania that had been crashed so that he could make 1 car out of the two. His then wife and him built the car up until they divorced and at that point the car was left to sit for a couple years. It was then bought by a local named Chris
Who immediately took the car apart soon as he got it for this big build he was planning. He ended up buying an M3 and this car went on the back burner and sat for a couple more years. Now it's back in California with me as a 4th owner car and will be used as my track/ weekend warrior car.

Here are some pictures of what it looked like when 3rd owner acquired it

With the help of some of the guys from ITRCA (Joe doespike and Coolhandluke) they were able to track down what badge number range she was. Was told it was 01-0388. The badge that is currently in the car is 00-1494, which belonged to the PY ITR ITRFREDDY bought from auction. Would be cool if I could find the badge number but not holding my breath on it. I will more than likely have to buy a blank and have it engraved or something.

I will be swapping some of the after market parts from my PY ITR to the stock parts from this car such as Ohlins DVF suspension, spoon steering wheel setup, 1 DC5 RECARO seat (Hoping to buy 1 bucket seat in the future), buddy club camber kits, Mugen gen 1 wing and a few other things.

I'll update soon as I'm able to wrench on her. Stay tuned....
Last edited by Insidiouseg6 on Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:20 am, edited 4 times in total.

Insidiouseg6

Re: Cement grey 01 ITR build

Post by Insidiouseg6 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:47 pm

Some small updates....
Brought a small care package over from Japan. Gathers Speakers for myself as well as a Mugen Badge for my wing (since 1 of mine is a little beat).

Nothing beats OEM fitment! Direct plug in

Mounted the Mugen wing for shits and giggles
Last edited by Insidiouseg6 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Insidiouseg6

Post by Insidiouseg6 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:47 pm

I mocked up the bumpers and headlights today to see what clips and screws I need to order. A few pictures for you guys
​​​
Last edited by Insidiouseg6 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Insidiouseg6

Post by Insidiouseg6 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:48 pm

For reasons that I have yet to understand, the rear wiring was cut when they were re painting the car so I went ahead and soldered it all back together. Was thinking of buying the complete new harness but figured I'd save a few bucks and take care of it.

Love this soldering iron, always comes in handy.

And all back together​!
Last edited by Insidiouseg6 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Insidiouseg6

Post by Insidiouseg6 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:49 pm

So small updates...
Picked up a set of UKDM tail lights for cheap.
crappy cell phone picture

Also picked up a bucket seat. Will post up soon as it arrives.
Last edited by Insidiouseg6 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Insidiouseg6

Post by Insidiouseg6 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:50 pm

Well my seat came in! Seat arrived in very good shape. Just gotta look into what seat bracket to go with.
Last edited by Insidiouseg6 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Insidiouseg6

Post by Insidiouseg6 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:51 pm

Got a small bit of work done on this car

Swapped the Stock steering wheel over to my 00 and installed the spoon/NRG setup

I have a business trip to Mexico coming up so there might not be much work done the coming weeks. On a positive note, my wheels are set to arrive in a couple of weeks! I'll update when they do
Last edited by Insidiouseg6 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Insidiouseg6

Post by Insidiouseg6 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:52 pm

After 6 months, they are in!! 16x8 +42 Mugen MF10'S

where they'll live until I get me some tires
Last edited by Insidiouseg6 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Insidiouseg6

Post by Insidiouseg6 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:54 pm

Not much going on here but picked up a bumper with lip. Will need one to track with and another for regular use

Last edited by Insidiouseg6 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Insidiouseg6

Post by Insidiouseg6 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:55 pm

Haven't found much time to wrench on the car but have a few parts that came in
*Terrible pictures, next time I'll bring my camera :
S2K CMC

Personal box
​​​​​Image

Spoon rear view mirror

Spoon gen. 1 side mirror inserts

and finally found a set of these discontinued brackets.( Although it took a 6 hour round trip drive)
Last edited by Insidiouseg6 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.