Dumb, Stubborn, and bound to end up penniless…….

Feel free to discuss anything about the late 80s to early 00s Hondas and Acuras!
Outrun

Re: Dumb, Stubborn, and bound to end up penniless…….

Post by Outrun » Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:09 am

See you at Long Beach.

aklackner

Post by aklackner » Sun May 08, 2022 8:03 pm

Ran Streets of Willow (CCW) Saturday with Speed Ventures.

Still Beginners group but feeling like I’m getting a handle on the car better now. Eibachs have really helped out a lot with that.

Managed a 1:32
Video of session 4.
https://vimeo.com/707608849
Short version
https://vimeo.com/707630190

My friend and I getting some laps in 01-0386

aklackner

Post by aklackner » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:50 pm

01-0386 has been resting through the summer heat but there have still been some small updates so I figured I’d share here.

The most substantial is that Fabtech was finally able to get me in to modify the Mugen Twinloop b-pipe and get that mounted up. My cat is in the USDM location so the b-pipe needed to be shortened. Since it was already being modified I had the entire section before the resonator cut off and remade with 2.5” stainless to usdm length. Mugen had made this front section <2.25” (~54mm) so upgrading this section to 2.5” should limit any performance impact of the swap from the GReddy Supreme.

I’ve not had a chance to do much driving yet but just from the drive home it’s a clear improvement to drive-ability. It’s more comfortable to drive the car at freeway speeds and feels less obnoxious on the streets. There’s still plenty of rich exhaust noise to make sure you don’t forget you’re driving an aggressive performance car but there’s more engine and everything else available now too.

I also put in a Mita Motorsports “A” horn button, custom painted red to be consistent with the Type R coloring. This is actually the start of a re-rebranding planned to return to the original USDM emblems. While I am a Honda fanboy, the Honda badging came out of an OCD attempt to match emblems with the JDM SRS wheel which I was never entirely happy with. The Honda badging simply doesn’t make sense to me on the USDM car now that I can run matching Acura emblems. This will undoubtedly make the car faster. 🤣

I also finally got the black ASR steering hub and swapped that in now.

The car could use a lot of detail work to really be photo ready but here are some shots anyway:

aklackner

Post by aklackner » Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:21 pm

Honda Vintage Culture introduced an Integra generations Tee at the Long Beach Gran Prix. I tried to get one then but there was a staining flaw on all the shirts within reasonable sizing. As soon as I saw they had released these for sale on their site I placed an order along with the new Acura hoodie.

They arrived today and I’m very happy.
The Integra generations Tee is 100% cotton and long sleeve, so pretty ideal as a trackday shirt. It’s soft/smooth faced but relatively heavy weight material likely making it durable but more suited to cool days. Only available in white you’ll want to change or cover it before popping the hood or getting underneath your car.

I sized up to 2XL for comfort and since my XL Honda hoodie shrank too much when washed.

Pinnacle of fashion!

aklackner

Post by aklackner » Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:03 pm

As long as I’m here thought I’d drop a few recent shots

GVBC (Angeles Crest)

Diffuser installed

Custom header

I’ve gotten back to getting the car in smooth running shape after (new O2 sensor, custom header, TB swap). Very excited to have the car more refined, stable, and accessible to just drive when I want.

I’m signed up with Speed Ventures to run Streets of Willow March 16th. Really looking forward to getting some laps in and know there should be at least one other ITR out for the event if anyone else is interested in meeting up.

aklackner

Post by aklackner » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:09 am

Pothole killed one of the black wheels so bronze entered the chat :o

Washed

JDMJNKY
Badge Number: 0874

Post by JDMJNKY » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:47 pm

gorgeous! I just love black. loving the shifter setup as well.

aklackner

Post by aklackner » Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:54 pm

I took a drive up Angeles Crest, it was closed at RedBox. It was still a fantastic drive, the car now behaves better than it ever has for me. Got some nice shots too.

coolhandluke
Badge Number: 98-1040

Post by coolhandluke » Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:13 pm

You are reminding me why I enjoyed my '99 GS-R, '95 GS-R, and 01-0187 so much. Black, during the few moments it is clean, can look "wet" with gloss.

It's also fun to see someone just enjoying their car. I'm stoked for you to hear the car is behaving better than ever, enjoy!
Type-R Expo
Current: 98-1040 Stolen 12/22/21
Previous: 98-0197, 01-0187, 98-0731, 97 #00171