Dumb, Stubborn, and bound to end up penniless…….

Feel free to discuss anything about the late 80s to early 00s Hondas and Acuras!
noahf

Re: Dumb, Stubborn, and bound to end up penniless…….

Post by noahf » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:27 pm

stop going to track days!

jk'n, im here waiting on my front LCA's to come back from kingpin to get the civic out there with you.

aklackner

Post by aklackner » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:40 pm

noahf wrote:stop going to track days!

jk'n, im here waiting on my front LCA's to come back from kingpin to get the civic out there with you.
Can’t wait for some company! If you can make it I added the event that Touring Car Club is running at Big Willow, Feb 19th-20th. Was fun to be at a show with one of the realtime Integra, being on the track along with one is just plain awesome. Let’s get some Hondas out there for our own group!

aklackner

Dumb, Stubborn, and bound to end up penniless…….

Post by aklackner » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:53 pm

Super confused Image

This looks like directional tread.
Description on CarID “The directional tread design provides excellent water drainage”

However tires are only marked inside/outside and every picture I’ve found appears to have identical tread pattern, only left sides.

The whole set is identical

https://opposite-lock.com/assets/upload ... -image.png

Took them back to my local tire shop who ordered and mounted them. They know their stuff generally but they didn’t seem to have any answers other than that the they aren’t marked with rotation only inside and out.

Update: They confirmed there is only one sku so Kumho doesn’t make a left/right pattern is just going to have to be point forward on the right side. Image

Na-spirit

Post by Na-spirit » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:29 pm

love the new wheels!
PY 01-0658
86 Civic Si

98-01 Rear bumper splash guard/Plug: PM to order viewtopic.php?f=15&t=167&p=1754#p1754

aklackner

Post by aklackner » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:54 pm

It’s certainly not my aesthetic specifically in the rear but it should be a blast at the track.

May just be suspension settling after being in the air and I’ll have to take a closer look in the morning. The left rear is out there but it seems like the rear right is hanging out, by quite a bit more?

Na-spirit

Post by Na-spirit » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:01 pm

what offset? 15x9? Hopefully some camber plus more of a drop will get it right? But I assume you don't want to mess with that. I notice some race hondas are a lot lower for track days. Is that not optimal for handling?
PY 01-0658
86 Civic Si

98-01 Rear bumper splash guard/Plug: PM to order viewtopic.php?f=15&t=167&p=1754#p1754

Klasse

Post by Klasse » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:13 pm

aklackner wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:53 pm Super confused Image

This looks like directional tread.
Description on CarID “The directional tread design provides excellent water drainage”

However tires are only marked inside/outside and every picture I’ve found appears to have identical tread pattern, only left sides.

The whole set is identical

https://opposite-lock.com/assets/upload ... -image.png

Took them back to my local tire shop who ordered and mounted them. They know their stuff generally but they didn’t seem to have any answers other than that the they aren’t marked with rotation only inside and out.

Update: They confirmed there is only one sku so Kumho doesn’t make a left/right pattern is just going to have to be point forward on the right side. Image
Just had this exact issue with RE003/Indy 500. Thought it couldn't possibly be correct. But then i put them on the car and had actually forgotten about it. Thanks for reminding me, i was meaning to look into it further
'97 DB8 Integra Type R, '97 EK1 Civic LXi
ex: '94 CD6 Accord SiR, '92 EG9 Civic SiR, '89 DA6 Integra XSi

aklackner

Post by aklackner » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:22 pm

Na-spirit wrote:what offset? 15x9? looks like I need to fiberglass you some flares ha plus drop it more I guess.
TE37SL are 15x8 +32

No way I’d chop the body up to fit a fender flare. SLs are only for track days. The OG Bronze are the right wheel for the car.

The SLs are just for track days so I don’t really care what the car looks with them on, and I don’t think they will contact, but I’ll pull the springs and test. Will be very tight and may require more camber. Was more surprised by what I perceived as a difference between rear right and left but could be lighting or any number of things.

If the SLs won’t work right at the rear I can always run them up front and run my other wheels on the rear as staggered setup for track days.

aw614

Post by aw614 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:18 pm

The Kumho tread pattern being outside/inside looks similar as the XS and V720/V730. and the shoulder wears tread wears out quick (at least for autocross) so watch out if you do get caught in the rain with them. A few guys that ran them found them dicey when it got wet out.

I wonder if you'll still rub in the rear on uneven surfaces at the track even at your height. I was having issues with the rear when I went 15x8s, but found I was able to clear without issue by running around -2.5 degrees or of camber. With 225/45/15s it might be harder to clear vs 205/50/15s I ran. It does look like the 15x8 +32 pokes a lot more than I expected, I am guessing due to the track width changes on the ITR vs the 4x100 cars, that is similar to running a 15x8 +28 offset.
-Andrew Wong

aklackner

Post by aklackner » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:37 am

aw614 wrote:The Kumho tread pattern being outside/inside looks similar as the XS and V720/V730. and the shoulder wears tread wears out quick (at least for autocross) so watch out if you do get caught in the rain with them. A few guys that ran them found them dicey when it got wet out.

I wonder if you'll still rub in the rear on uneven surfaces at the track even at your height. I was having issues with the rear when I went 15x8s, but found I was able to clear without issue by running around -2.5 degrees or of camber. With 225/45/15s it might be harder to clear vs 205/50/15s I ran. It does look like the 15x8 +32 pokes a lot more than I expected, I am guessing due to the track width changes on the ITR vs the 4x100 cars, that is similar to running a 15x8 +28 offset.
Yeah I saw something similar. LA gets 10 days of rain on average I think we’ve basically hit our quota for the year Image and don’t plan for the tires to make it to next.

I’m not sure the rear has the clearance at this point but I’ll dial up the camber, mount dampers without springs, and check them through range of motion (front and rear) before I run them for anything.

If the rear won’t clear I’ll try out a reverse staggered setup.