1999 HONDA CIVIC SI - for why? Idiot alert.

Feel free to discuss anything about the late 80s to early 00s Hondas and Acuras!
JDMJNKY
Badge Number: 0874

Re: 1999 HONDA CIVIC SI - for why? Idiot alert.

Post by JDMJNKY » Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:46 pm

AndyD wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:02 pm Amazing attention to detail!

I've spent the past year organizing and cleaning my spare parts. Lots of ziplock bags, sticky notes with names of the parts, all after I clean each individual part.

I've wasted too much time looking for parts.
Man i'll definitely be taking a page from your book on that. Notes + Bags = organized brain dump which i need badly. i'm tired of being "mr. i'll remember it all."

this was the nail in the coffin again.... I had a window switch in the door tucked away this whole time and forgot :lol: :lol: :lol:

as I was cleaning the door for the panel install.....when you see it :hammer: :hammer:

anyway, wife and I chilled outside yesterday evening, as I tackled a few things.

man I just love the FLP....

JDMJNKY

Post by JDMJNKY » Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:36 pm

anyone have experience w/ the old factory radio shutting down after a few seconds of operation? if it persists, i fear it may lead to an In-dash update (which im against). i don't really wish to fight the radio, as the seats and consoles must be taken out every time. Not lazy, it's just the dumb planted seat brackets have a blind bolt that eats away thumb cuticles like crazy :(

past 2 evenings i've been racing the sun light....

Vtecwreck

Post by Vtecwreck » Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:41 am

Sheesh, I am sort of upset I am just now seeing this build! But at the same time, I am glad because I was eager to keep scrolling through the updates as they went on!

I remember we talked about this car years ago on FB when you were selling the NT03's and then some more a bit after when you were selling the JDM Integra hood. It's cool to see you kept it and are nearing "completion" on it. Got to say this thread took me right back to honda-tech 10+ years ago, back before I could drive I would just go on there and nwp4life to read through all the build-threads! Super cool to have the OG's keeping the threads alive!

The attention to detail on this build is pretty serious and its only a resto-mod! I've sub'd to the thread so I can stay up to date with the updates. Keep them coming! :D
98-0148: DeRicing Project
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=264

JDMJNKY

Post by JDMJNKY » Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:06 pm

Thanks for tuining in man. I appreciate the positive vibe. I have one more Honda build left in me before I move on I'd say. I enjoy it still, but, it's time consuming and right now they are still "just a Honda.". Not so much an investment vehicle in this condition.

Like you, I do miss those good ol days, but I understand the shift towards IG/ Instant Gratification. On top of that it's definitely cheaper to buy a build than it is to build something yourself - death to build threads. Me, I'd always choose the latter, a build option, a tailored option. I do remember some NT03 talks lightly, hehe it's been a while. The TE tribe has won the hearts of old and new enthusiasts, old gems like NT03's are for us "dinosaurs." Looking back, I should have just sold them for dirt cheap, now here I am with a car for wheels.

Pipe Dreams
Today I set out to keep my mind occupied w/ whatever tinkering I could. I woke up at 4:21am, received a text at 4:33am, that my boys Mom has passed.

[Image

AndyD

Post by AndyD » Sat Jul 08, 2023 2:34 pm

Your attention to detail is fantastic! I'm working on cleaning parts for my ZHP build right now. This thread helps motivate me!

I also like how you take before-and-after pics in almost the exact same position and background! Best way to show the differences.

JDMJNKY

Post by JDMJNKY » Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:02 pm

Thanks brotha. Glad it does man. Little labor, big reward IMO. I hope you get to log some before & afters.

I've been doing some maintenance to the daily work truck (05 Accord). My son clowned my seats the other day and I should be ashamed to call myself an interior guy and let it go this far. I only let it go because of the mod itches. I've successfully been able to keep this car stock, w/ only a strut bar update LOL. Recovered both front seats. Another interior first ever for me.

JDMJNKY

Post by JDMJNKY » Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:30 pm

Man I've been waiting for these.

Any welders among us? looking for a good recommendation on the best route to joining the flange to a pipe.

A: No overlap, stitch seams. 2.5-2.5"

B: Overlap stitch & bevel inlet 2.5 - 2.25

JDMJNKY

Post by JDMJNKY » Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:34 am

when you have a welder and don't practice....it shows :lol:

No prep, no cleaning, I had various angle alignment lines and tape drawn on before I cleaned it :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

tack adjust, tack adjust.

DC231

Post by DC231 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:05 pm

JDMJNKY wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:34 am when you have a welder and don't practice....it shows :lol:

No prep, no cleaning, I had various angle alignment lines and tape drawn on before I cleaned it :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

tack adjust, tack adjust.

Are you using gas or is it flux wire?

JDMJNKY

Post by JDMJNKY » Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:08 pm

flux wire.