1999 HONDA CIVIC SI - for why? Idiot alert.

Feel free to discuss anything about the late 80s to early 00s Hondas and Acuras!
JDMJNKY
Badge Number: 0874

Re: 1999 HONDA CIVIC SI - for why? Idiot alert.

Post by JDMJNKY » Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:02 am

"daaaaaaad, you have a delivery!"

leveled up w/ some rollers this go round. Skipped some meetings today to get this done by sunset. Consequences... i'll get reamed for it on thurs. :oops:

letting it cure naturally this time, it's barely tacky to the touch, which is good IMO. :D

Stin1

Post by Stin1 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:47 pm

JDMJNKY wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:37 pm
DC231 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:05 pm Man what a relief!! Yards are the same here in Jacksonville FL. No regard to proper disassembly. I do love finding pre pulled parts though hahaha. My stepson's current engine (k24a2 in EM2) was found in the yard sitting on the subframe between 2 rows with no TSX to be found.
Huge relief. Not sure if it's the same in FL but it seems DP's are highly coveted here in CA.

haha you'd be a fool to pass that up, right!? No labor needed to pull it, a fraction of the price and it being a k24, that my friend is win win!
Out here they strip your car for parts while you are searching the yard, or worse steal the whole car.

JDMJNKY

Post by JDMJNKY » Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:40 pm

LMBO well damn. Never take your whip to the yard. :lol:

JDMJNKY

Post by JDMJNKY » Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:59 pm

took Constantine out for the proverbial leg stretch. We went to Michaels to get some supplies.

My daughter and I loaded up some feed and laid down some fabric welds :lol:

my first test hit (leave me alone my nails are grimy from the epoxy)

second test hit, was the pattern I'm looking for 8-)

Almost ready for some new fabric

JDMJNKY

Post by JDMJNKY » Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:12 pm

Prepped panels for the color change

Well....here was my solution to repairing the "melted plastic" tabs. But but but...so many variables, I ended up just using a glue gun. After test A failed.

as I prep to finalize the major parts of the interior, I decided to find some parts that went missing back in Aprils clean up. For a while now I'd hunt off and on, but I couldn't find the parts. I knew I'd find the shifter for sure as it's larger and harder to miss. I ordered a new shift knob and boot collars from hybrid to sort my choices when it was time. As luck would have it, just this evening, I finally found what I was looking for :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

the missing FLP AKA the best darn shifter ever #loyaltothesoil

the missing knob, the boot collar was part of that recent order, as a back up. I fell in love w/ the look of them paired with the FLP, so I'll be using the red setup instead of the black. If anyone is interested in the black setup LMK, if not I'll probably just pass it down to the R.

Misc cleaning. therapeutic relief from the previous debacle

+ black handle install

Hey @Andy, have any door components for sale? I can't find my driver door window switch, nor either side handle bezels.

ph8ed4life

Post by ph8ed4life » Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:24 am

'Fabric welds' made me literally LOL :mrgreen:

Looking good!

ph8ed4life

Post by ph8ed4life » Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:29 am

JDMJNKY wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:37 am Congrats on the ITR! You are more braver than I am, I'd love to see the panel builds when you do them. I hope you log it and share here.
I'll definitely make an attempt, as I still have intentions of re-writing my resto thread that was started way back in 2010. Admittedly, there were a lot of things I just went into and boom! all the sudden I was done, with no pics of the intermediate steps. So a big cheers to you to stop and document along the way!

Big hurdle I've hit is finding a suitable tweed-like material to replicate the ITR door panel inserts.

JDMJNKY

Post by JDMJNKY » Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:02 pm

Verbal Update: I went to storage and found CTR door switches, but I don't need those :hammer: came home and found the door handle bezels while looking for interior cleaner hahaha.....still missing a driver door switch.

ph8ed4life wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:24 am 'Fabric welds' made me literally LOL :mrgreen:

Looking good!
HAHA Thanks Sir!

ph8ed4life wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:29 am
I'll definitely make an attempt, as I still have intentions of re-writing my resto thread that was started way back in 2010. Admittedly, there were a lot of things I just went into and boom! all the sudden I was done, with no pics of the intermediate steps. So a big cheers to you to stop and document along the way!

Big hurdle I've hit is finding a suitable tweed-like material to replicate the ITR door panel inserts.
Man it happens. For a while I didn't document things publicly, I still don't share ALL aspects for many reasons. One, It's sad thieves lurk, or that's how I see it, so I don't put all my business out there anymore. The big but, I love working on cars, so w/ in reason I've decided to just continue sharing. It's a free notebook that doesn't force me to physically remember it all. It's like a back up hard drive to an aspect of life.

I hope you do get back in it, and log it, looking forward to you finding that fabric too! You'd help a whole community save and refinish door panels.

JDMJNKY

Post by JDMJNKY » Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:42 pm

Seek an ye will find

I was....going to order one from Ebay, then the junkyard as the amazon shopper in me kicked in. Glad I chose to trust my gut. I knew I had seen switches somewhere in the garage totes. :trophy: :trophy: :trophy:

I found the door garnish along w/ both driver & passenger switches from my original EM1. The legacy lives on 8-) Pictured w/ the other garage finds as well.

The "glow up" Not mint but neither is the car :lol:

Teaser of a semi completed passenger door panel

AndyD

Post by AndyD » Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:02 pm

Amazing attention to detail!

I've spent the past year organizing and cleaning my spare parts. Lots of ziplock bags, sticky notes with names of the parts, all after I clean each individual part.

I've wasted too much time looking for parts.