Integra's return...will it be like the CRx return called CRz?

Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR/CTR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
carpayments4life

Integra's return...will it be like the CRx return called CRz?

Post by carpayments4life » Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:38 pm

Would Acura give us a Hybrid, similar to what Honda did to the CRX/CRZ?
Turns out it wasn't sporty in sport mode and wasn't thrifty in eco mode.
Sure the CRZ was pretty and the Integra will be too.

PeteTheCarFreak

Re: Integra's return...will it be like the CRx return called CRz?

Post by PeteTheCarFreak » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:39 pm

Dave7CDMTYPER
Badge Number: 01-1322

Post by Dave7CDMTYPER » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:55 pm

Please don't let it be a hybrid. That's one reason imo whey the new NSX was a flop. It was just another hybrid with unnecessary added weight.
ITR CDM 01-1322
2001 GS-R
I have badge #00-1259 in hand.

jayhaire
Site Admin
Badge Number: 97 #00151

Post by jayhaire » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:53 pm

Having driven both the old and new NSX, I like both. I'd like to own an old but drive a new one (track and around town). The independent electric motors on each front wheel eliminate turbo lag. It launches...very well.

If the Integra was a trickle down reverse of that with double wishbone suspension...and avoiding being overweight, it might the the "baby NSX" that some Integra models were known to be.

....and I agree, I hope it does not follow the CR-Z's issues. That car had potential, and they swapped a k-series in one for a performance version, but it would not pass crash inspections.
:hammer:

Dave-ROR

Post by Dave-ROR » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:14 am

I'm OK with it being a hybrid if it retains a manual. shrug.
-Dave
Drives.. too many f'ing cars.

coolhandluke
Badge Number: 98-1040

Post by coolhandluke » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:38 am

Similar discussion here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1437

coolhandluke wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:25 am I agree with the weight concerns. The key will be how the car feels to drive and handles. A manual will be key for enthusiasts like myself.

The CR-Z was the first go-kart handling car Honda had released in decades, but I agree it was underwhelming in power.

I hope the recent push in the industry back towards double wishbone suspension is a trend Honda continues. The TLX Type S and Porsche GT3 are examples.
Type-R Expo
Current: 98-1040 Stolen 12/22/21
Previous: 98-0197, 01-0187, 98-0731, 97 #00171

aw614

Post by aw614 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:58 pm

I don't know if Honda will go back to double wishbones if it is still based on the Civic, but if they gave it that gave it that front knuckle setup as standard from the CTR, but without the Brembos, it should still be very good. Kind of like how the Integra got a lot of the good suspension components out of the Civic based cars...

I also think the 10th gen Civic Si's were good handling cars out of the box and could live with the strut suspension. After autocrossing one, really temped me to look for one. Seems Honda learned from their RSX/Ep3 debacle...

On the CRZ, I always wondered if things would have turned out differently for them if it wasn't released during the middle of the great recession. It did feel like that was a down period for Hondas in general. (9th gen Civic emergency refresh, etc)
-Andrew Wong

Dave-ROR

Post by Dave-ROR » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:50 pm

aw614 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:58 pm I don't know if Honda will go back to double wishbones if it is still based on the Civic, but if they gave it that gave it that front knuckle setup as standard from the CTR, but without the Brembos, it should still be very good. Kind of like how the Integra got a lot of the good suspension components out of the Civic based cars...

I also think the 10th gen Civic Si's were good handling cars out of the box and could live with the strut suspension. After autocrossing one, really temped me to look for one. Seems Honda learned from their RSX/Ep3 debacle...

On the CRZ, I always wondered if things would have turned out differently for them if it wasn't released during the middle of the great recession. It did feel like that was a down period for Hondas in general. (9th gen Civic emergency refresh, etc)
I think there's a LOT of things Honda got wrong with the CRZ. The hybrid part is pretty much the only part that wasn't specifically a downer.

Brakes and suspension tuning needed a lot of help and a better base engine.....
-Dave
Drives.. too many f'ing cars.

Dave7CDMTYPER
Badge Number: 01-1322

Post by Dave7CDMTYPER » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:31 pm

And the CRZ was that good looking.
ITR CDM 01-1322
2001 GS-R
I have badge #00-1259 in hand.