Buford, GA/North Gwinnett/South Hall garage hangs?

All events and meets, excluding Type R Expo
KIngpinMachine

Buford, GA/North Gwinnett/South Hall garage hangs?

Post by KIngpinMachine » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:45 am

(Highly unlikely this is seen by or applies to anyone here but wanted to post just in case. This is posted on a site that I helped start back in 2004 or so.)

I propose a garage/shop get together in Buford this next Saturday, November 21st. Everyone (seriously) is invited that follows a few simple rules.
1) Don't discuss politics at all unless you are a Dem and arrive early to talk/celebrate with me alone. Hehe. Sorry. (Not sorry.)
2) Believe in science and rationality and therefore lets not be right in each other's faces during a pandemic closing in on 1/4 Mil dead. (Yeah, fake news to some but don't come if you think so.)
3) Drive through the neighborhood at slow speed with respect like you would have people drive through your neighborhood.

That's it! I am a night owl but I know others are not. I would say come as early as 8pm and expect to be welcome until 2am. I have a huge cooler and can provide plenty of ice for alternative beverages. I would encourage the bringing of projects, parts, cool cars and anything dorks like us would like to see! I have a bad ass fire pit but lack dry wood and chairs. Please feel free to bring either/both but no expectations. I will try to grab some wood. I am cool with doing (sober) lathe demos up to 10pm if folks bring safety glasses. You can't be in the garage without safety glasses if I run demo parts. Tool room lathes are wide open and chips can fly 15' or more. I don't want to blind anyone!

Please contact me for details.

cbrinson@kingpinmachine.com

Thanks,
Chris

TurboLS

Re: Buford, GA/North Gwinnett/South Hall garage hangs?

Post by TurboLS » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:41 pm

Chris,

I'll be visiting Black Jack Frame machine in the area this coming week.

I wont have a running car, just my tow rig. Would love to share a socially distanced beer if youre down.

Itd most easily be a week from Monday if you're available.

-Ramzi
438X Instructor/TTD ITR w/ NASA Mid-Atlantic
RIP: 1994 Integra LS-T @ VIR, October 2013.

TurboLS

Post by TurboLS » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:42 pm

I can also bring firewood as I live in the woods.

KIngpinMachine

Post by KIngpinMachine » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:36 am

Sounds good bro! I should have your number in my phone if it is still the same. Remind me say next Sunday night if you will and I can text my address if you don't have that still. I will almost certainly be here at the house as I am next level hermit now.

TurboLS

Post by TurboLS » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:34 am

Looking like friday night earliest for hanging out. Itll be after day 1 at black jack.

hybrid4

Post by hybrid4 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:11 am

love garage hang outs! thats a bit of a hike for me (from douglasville), but when my R is on the road, i would love to stop in for one of these meets.