ITR Badge Requests

Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR/CTR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Sporky82
Badge Number: searching

Re: ITR Badge Requests

Post by Sporky82 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:16 pm

AndyD wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:42 am I'm compiling a database of ITRs as well. I'm collecting previous and current owners, past and current pictures, which 00-01's were PY or black, and even Carfaxes.

Feel free to PM me the VIN or badge number and I can check what I have. I am sure my database is not nearly as big as Jay's though. I add t mine on a regular basis, so it's growing.
I'll send you a pm, I'm in Canada with a cdm itr

coolhandluke
Badge Number: 98-1040

Post by coolhandluke » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:44 pm

Sporky82 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:31 pm I'm wondering if there's been any updates on badge numbers? I submitted in Nov 2020
Where did you submit? I ask because many still reference a community member's website that has gone stale for years now, where as the official badge submission & request are best asked via this thread's links.

AndyD wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:42 am ...I am sure my database is not nearly as big as Type R Club of America's though. I add t mine on a regular basis, so it's growing.
Jay has done the majority of the legwork in recent years but I have to plus Doespike's years of data gathering and detective work. Honda didn't track badges nor VIN's, and there isn't any relation, so the community owes quite a bit to their volunteer efforts. :trophy:
Type-R Expo
Current: 98-1040 Stolen 12/22/21
Previous: 98-0197, 01-0187, 98-0731, 97 #00171

AndyD

Post by AndyD » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:43 pm

I submitted a few requests as well but didn't get a response either.

I've got a pretty large list of only VINs I I'm hoping to reconcile one day.

Also, my database only contains USDM ITRs. I can only potentially identify those requests.

coolhandluke
Badge Number: 98-1040

Post by coolhandluke » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:37 pm

AndyD wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:43 pm I submitted a few requests as well but didn't get a response either...
Gentle reminder to all, only two have access to this database for security reasons, and both are volunteers.
As someone who just had their car stolen, I respect this strict control. I don't have access but I do my best to contribute badge information. These two volunteers have a day job, family life, car issues, etc.

We're getting close to confirming all issued DC2 ITR badges and VIN's, the community's work the past two decades hasn't gone unnoticed. Many in the community restoring or searching for a long lost/sold car have benefited. I plan for this legacy to live on. :beer:
Type-R Expo
Current: 98-1040 Stolen 12/22/21
Previous: 98-0197, 01-0187, 98-0731, 97 #00171

Stin1

Post by Stin1 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:34 pm

Care to share how they got access to your car yet ?
Experian & equifax are the owners of carfax and autocheck. These corporations have all the info on previous owners of every vehicle purchased …. They don’t share it.
This site does a great job of sharing, hunting , and documentation of these cars.
A vin number provides the county…. I will say that I worked at an emissions location 20 years ago. People would place orders for an address with a car that they want . The ring got busted up by I know it still goes on .

AndyD

Post by AndyD » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:42 pm

coolhandluke wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:37 pm
AndyD wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:43 pm I submitted a few requests as well but didn't get a response either...
......Gentle reminder to all, only two have access to this database for security reasons, and both are volunteers..........
Oh, I am not complaining. We spoke about this before. I get it. That's why I am trying to help those out when I see they post about searching for one.

If the two people who have access to the database don't have time to fulfill the requests, hopefully they can pass the responsibility on to someone trustworthy who can. That information is almost priceless.

I am noticing more and more people saying they submitted a request and didn't get a response. I think I submitted my requests a year and a half ago. At this point, it's probably not the best idea to keep directing people to submit requests until someone new can process them. Again, not complaining, but if people are still being directed to use the site and not getting responses, the reputation of the tool is being damaged.

Also, anyone who has the list of the remaining missing badge numbers, let me know and I will see if I can identify some.

Sporky82

Post by Sporky82 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:58 pm

coolhandluke wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:44 pm
Sporky82 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:31 pm I'm wondering if there's been any updates on badge numbers? I submitted in Nov 2020
Where did you submit? I ask because many still reference a community member's website that has gone stale for years now, where as the official badge submission & request are best asked via this thread's links.

AndyD wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:42 am ...I am sure my database is not nearly as big as Type R Club of America's though. I add t mine on a regular basis, so it's growing.
Jay has done the majority of the legwork in recent years but I have to plus Doespike's years of data gathering and detective work. Honda didn't track badges nor VIN's, and there isn't any relation, so the community owes quite a bit to their volunteer efforts. :trophy:
It was submitted through the link at the beginning of this thread

I remember Jay saying he was dealing with some health/life issues when it was submitted but haven't heard anything since.

jayhaire
Site Admin
Badge Number: 97 #00151

Post by jayhaire » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:10 pm

Sporky82 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:58 pm
coolhandluke wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:44 pm

It was submitted through the link at the beginning of this thread

I remember Jay saying he was dealing with some health/life issues when it was submitted but haven't heard anything since.
There are some that we also do not have info on, and that might be one of yours. I'll re-check it though. We've received hundreds of requests between the form and FB messages, which is actually kind of amazing.

I don't have a canned response for badges that we cannot confirm. I can usually narrow it down to a small range in those situations, but it takes a bit detective work.

And yeah, basically since Feb 2020, it's been a battle for health in this household. It's taught me to appreciate what we have in life.
:hammer:

jayhaire
Site Admin
Badge Number: 97 #00151

Post by jayhaire » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:11 pm

AndyD wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:43 pm I submitted a few requests as well but didn't get a response either.

I've got a pretty large list of only VINs I I'm hoping to reconcile one day.

Also, my database only contains USDM ITRs. I can only potentially identify those requests.
Yep, you did send a few. I remember those. It also felt like we were doubling our work. Might be better to work together on it since you were building some info yourself. Let's chat. :)
:hammer:

Sporky82

Post by Sporky82 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:17 pm

@jayhaire

That's what I figured, being a CDM itr that will make it a bit harder. I'm hoping to narrow it down to a small range, I have some good info about the build date and date of sale which could narrow down the number range.

Car shows a build date of September '97 and sold in January '98. I can send you the vin if you like