The Replacement Parts Thread

This forum contains various technical threads, how-tos, etc.
Little_Nolan

The Replacement Parts Thread

Post by Little_Nolan » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:27 pm

As our vehicles age and value continues to rise many of us are looking to maintain, rebuild and restore our aging ITRs and other Golden Era Honda's. As most of us know, Honda recently released a parts program for S2000's to help owners with the S2000 platform. This is not the case with the ITR and instead parts are continuously being discontinued by Honda and remaining stock of certain Type R specific goods are being hoarded by specific individuals and distribution is limited to what they release. This thread will serve as rolling information database of parts, both OEM and aftermarket (where applicable).

Recent discussions regarding replacement bushings, suspension components, motor mounts, and engine components are all good examples of why we need a way to centralize and share this information for current and future owners.

I suggest a platform of vehicle categories just as Honda/Acura dealerships do on their websites:

-Suspension/Bushings/Brakes
-Chassis/Body/Interior/Electrical
-Motor/Transmission/Exhaust
-Accessories/Optional Items

I would like to post up parts with part numbers with their current availability status and options for non OEM parts. Discussion regarding durability, longevity, accuracy of replacement parts for restoring, custom made options are welcomed - as are pictures. Links to other threads on specific parts may also be valuable and should be shared.

Coolhandluke and I will be creating the platform for this and hope to have it ready in the near future. Please feel free to post up now for something you may be looking into and I will try to get specifics on that topic/part.

-Nathaniel

Existing threads:

Bushings: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1031
Power Windows: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1013
Steering rack: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=316&hilit=reman+steering+rack
Trunk latch 98+: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=989
REAR sway bar guide: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=696
Trans Gearing: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=762
Current: 97-00305, '19 ZR2 2.8L Duramax, '97 EX Sedan

Previous: 97-0322, 97 DB8R, 98-0197, CR-154

coolhandluke
Badge Number: 98-1040

Re: The Replacement Parts Thread

Post by coolhandluke » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:39 pm

Thank you for leading this! This is a growing need in the community. :thumbup:

Little_Nolan wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:27 pm ....I suggest a platform of vehicle categories just as Honda/Acura dealerships do on their websites:

-Suspension/Bushings/Brakes
-Chassis/Body/Interior/Electrical
-Motor/Transmission/Exhaust
-Accessories/Optional Items

I would like to post up parts with part numbers with their current availability status and options for non OEM parts. Discussion regarding durability, longevity, accuracy of replacement parts for restoring, custom made options are welcomed - as are pictures. Links to other threads on specific parts may also be valuable and should be shared....
Would anyone contribute? For example, pick one of the topics above, say Suspension Bushings/Mounts, start a thread, and then collect and post up info.

I have limited cycles today but I have time tomorrow. Also, I am asking Type R Expo sponsor, IRUNOEM, if they can chime in.
Type-R Expo
Current: 98-1040 Stolen 12/22/21
Previous: 98-0197, 01-0187, 98-0731, 97 #00171

Stin1

Post by Stin1 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:55 pm

I have yet to officially try these but , door hinges.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=164&p=13365&hilit=Hinges#p13365

Outrun

Post by Outrun » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:29 pm

I recently posted a radiator thread.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1019

ITR radiator no longer available. 19010-P73-A03 or A02

Koyo S2028 is Koyo's OE replacement radiator.
https://www.evasivemotorsports.com/mm5/ ... KOYO-S2028

Duralast A1741
https://www.autozone.com/cooling-heatin ... 237395_0_0

OE style replacement radiators at Rock Auto (thanks coolhandluke for the link)
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/acu ... iator,2172

aw614

Post by aw614 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:15 pm

Spoon Sports Australia recently posted this on Facebook. Hopefully they extend this to Integras, mechanical and chassis stuff like the bushing sets should at least work on our integras.
https://www.facebook.com/SpoonSportsAUS ... 8531472583
All of you that are building or restoring EG Civic’s know that with Honda discontinuing basically everything, it’s almost impossible to find new parts or even used parts in good condition… Because of this, Spoon has already developed many products including their Complete Suspension Bushing Sets, Zero Bump Steer Kits (etc.) using the latest Technology and Manufacturing Processes so that you can keep your EG in showroom condition – or better ! Now Spoon have released their TIMELESS Product Range to help you re-create the perfect EG Civic – New Front Bumper using the classic original EG Bumper design, manufactured in FRP featuring an updated grille and Cooling Ducts with Aluminium Mesh – perfect for Circuit / Sports Use ! We also have a new Front Fender that is based on the original EG fender with a subtle increase in width of 9mm over the standard version without any change to structure – fits like OEM !
The Front Bumper is really well priced at 98,000JPY plus shipping and relevant taxes – that’s ~1,625.84 AUD including GST and Duty (plus shipping) at the current exchange rate.. The Fenders are also the same price for a pair 😊
Please send us a Message with your address for the price shipped to your door, or send us an email: info@spoonsports.com.au
#spoon #spoonsports #spoonAUS #spoonsportsAUS #gaijingarage #EG6 #EG5 #EJ1 #OEMplus #spoonEG6 #Timeless #spoonTimeless
-Andrew Wong

DC4MC

Post by DC4MC » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:27 pm

I've seen a lot of people post about bushings on here and not being able to get OEM replacements. I'm not sure if anyone has tried them, I don't think I've seen any mention yet, but I purchased a full kit of the Suja 1/PIC hard rubber bushings for my car and have them installed. The car still doesn't run, but I can provide some feedback when it is back on the road.

Little_Nolan

Post by Little_Nolan » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:18 pm

^Do you have a link for the Suja1/PIC kit for where it is sold?

aw614 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:15 pm Spoon Sports Australia recently posted this on Facebook. Hopefully they extend this to Integras, mechanical and chassis stuff like the bushing sets should at least work on our integras.
All of you that are building or restoring EG Civic’s know that with Honda discontinuing basically everything, it’s almost impossible to find new parts or even used parts in good condition… Because of this, Spoon has already developed many products including their Complete Suspension Bushing Sets, Zero Bump Steer Kits (etc.) using the latest Technology and Manufacturing Processes so that you can keep your EG in showroom condition – or better ! Now Spoon have released their TIMELESS Product Range to help you re-create the perfect EG Civic – New Front Bumper using the classic original EG Bumper design, manufactured in FRP featuring an updated grille and Cooling Ducts with Aluminium Mesh – perfect for Circuit / Sports Use ! We also have a new Front Fender that is based on the original EG fender with a subtle increase in width of 9mm over the standard version without any change to structure – fits like OEM !
The Front Bumper is really well priced at 98,000JPY plus shipping and relevant taxes – that’s ~1,625.84 AUD including GST and Duty (plus shipping) at the current exchange rate.. The Fenders are also the same price for a pair 😊
Please send us a Message with your address for the price shipped to your door, or send us an email: info@spoonsports.com.au
#spoon #spoonsports #spoonAUS #spoonsportsAUS #gaijingarage #EG6 #EG5 #EJ1 #OEMplus #spoonEG6 #Timeless #spoonTimeless
This is cool and a real positive thing. Maybe Honda will take notice and realize it may be money maker like the S2000 stuff. The S2000's are still very respected, loved, and sought after in Japan - much more than DC2. EK9 has a larger following than the DC2 I believe.

coolhandluke
Badge Number: 98-1040

Post by coolhandluke » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:19 am

Little_Nolan wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:18 pm
aw614 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:15 pm Spoon Sports Australia recently posted this on Facebook. Hopefully they extend this to Integras, mechanical and chassis stuff like the bushing sets should at least work on our integras.
This is cool and a real positive thing. Maybe Honda will take notice and realize it may be money maker like the S2000 stuff. The S2000's are still very respected, loved, and sought after in Japan - much more than DC2. EK9 has a larger following than the DC2 I believe.
This is very cool. If Spoon expands in DC2 parts I will reshift my focus towards as a show of gratitude, I just hope my wallet can afford it. :moneyburn:

DC4MC wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:27 pm I've seen a lot of people post about bushings on here and not being able to get OEM replacements. I'm not sure if anyone has tried them, I don't think I've seen any mention yet, but I purchased a full kit of the Suja 1/PIC hard rubber bushings for my car and have them installed. The car still doesn't run, but I can provide some feedback when it is back on the road.
PIC previously sponsored Type R Expo, they taught suspension tuning classes during the event and offer discounts. I haven't seen their Suja/PIC collaborative bushing kit for sale on their website recently:
https://www.picperformance.com/
Type-R Expo
Current: 98-1040 Stolen 12/22/21
Previous: 98-0197, 01-0187, 98-0731, 97 #00171

Dave7CDMTYPER
Badge Number: 01-1322

Post by Dave7CDMTYPER » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:12 pm

If Honda has an S2K part program, surely they'll come around to doing the same for ITR?

Those spoon parts are inspiring! Hope they also do the same for dc2.
ITR CDM 01-1322
2001 GS-R
I have badge #00-1259 in hand.

Little_Nolan

Post by Little_Nolan » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:07 pm

Dave7CDMTYPER wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:12 pm If Honda has an S2K part program, surely they'll come around to doing the same for ITR?

Those spoon parts are inspiring! Hope they also do the same for dc2.
Never know on the ITR. RIght now Honda does not have a competitor in their sales line up for the S2K... But now there are things which are similar to the ITR (CTR). While we all know its a major difference between the two, Honda might think otherwise. IDK.

Also, the S2k program is specific to Japan right now.