1998 Integra Type-R - Graffiti over the last few years...

Feel free to discuss anything about the late 80s to early 00s Hondas and Acuras!
Dave-ROR

1998 Integra Type-R - Graffiti over the last few years...

Post by Dave-ROR » Thu May 28, 2020 2:16 pm

Since this car pops up in feeds every once in awhile I figured I should post an update on how it's been sitting around and getting used.. sometimes.

No real need to go over this cars history.. Brad owned it after it was recovered from being stolen in Florida, rebuilt it, had it painted and eventually sold it to John. Other basic history of this car is that it has a COD title and can never be retitled (legally) for street use so it's a track car for the rest of it's life.

I bought it from John in... 2015 I think.

Here's a couple pics from when Brad owned it:

Right after loading it on the trailer after paying John for the car:

Some pics from it's first track day which was 1 day later....

So the car was decently cared for but I did change a lot of parts on it, so the next several pics are just related to some of those part swaps..

Some of the parts that were ordered right away for it. The King Motorsports rear UCAs aren't in this pic I don't think (not sure if I have any pics of them..)

Swapping whatever the cheap coilovers were that it had to Eibach Multi-Pro R2's with custom rates (which I don't even remember which rates at this point)

Adding Junk2 front UCAs and swapped to the R2s up front also.

IIRC it came with a torn up shift knob.. but whatever it had I replaced it with a Junk2 knob on the FLP shifter

Replaced the buckets with a fatboy Recaro on the passenger side and an OMP HTE-R 400 on the drivers side with PCI mounts. Also replaced harnesses.

Replaced cap/rotor/plugs/etc/etc.. some misc pics of the engine bay

Swapped the Injen for a Mugen intake since it had one of the worst stickers ever made stuck to the Mugen......

And a pic of Brad's awesome home wiring used in the car haha

Parts swaps all done...

Some pics of it at it's second track day under my ownership with my old GS-R that a buddy owns now

That first track day also included a night track event at Sebring.. and this happened... that was really fun to clean up all the oil the next day.

Yes.. that is a broken off oil fill cap.. POS.

Pic of it sitting in the shop with my old GS-R and our Champcar (currently being rebuilt as a Civic hatch...)

Over time I took less and less pics of the car.. and it sat around more and more....

This happened when the buddy who owns my GS-R drove the car at Road America... Oh and shows the most important mod ever made to the car which are the two bottle openers mounted with the plate mounts. No one has time to find a bottle opener when loading/unloading the trailer, working on the car, etc.

Bought some spoon calipers from Luke for the car..

After it sat for.. well since Expo 17 I think.. I took it back to Sebring again. Since I hadn't touched it in years I put it up in the air the night before and did a trans flush, oil flush, checked/changed brake pads, maybe bled it, can't recall..

Since I was working on returning one of my BRZs to stock and building an FRS track car the ITR was pushed out to the driveway for a few months.. neighbors/HOA loved that..

It went back in the garage eventually and returned to it's normal role as a storage unit

And then finally it got moved into a storage unit with the track FRS.. I'll probably remember it exists in another 2 or 3 years.

Videos - I have more but just never got around to uploading them:
Night track session at Sebring: https://youtu.be/ZZiyky4Xnck
Day session at Sebring: https://youtu.be/cUdBKMCtW1g
The fun way to enter T13 at Sebring: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKFcVzOnB-k

Future:
Sell the car on BAT.

Just kidding. It'll keep sitting around and getting tracked every once in awhile. Have plenty of other track cars and the ITR has a rear brake bias that makes it annoying right now. Since I just tracked it a few months back I remembered how incredibly fun the car is to track so it won't be leaving my garage.. err.. shop.. err.. storage anytime soon.
-Dave
Drives.. too many f'ing cars.

coolhandluke
Badge Number: 98-1040

Re: 1998 Integra Type-R - Graffiti over the last few years...

Post by coolhandluke » Thu May 28, 2020 2:50 pm

Awesome updates Dave. I have some more shots of the cars throughout the years caravan'ing to Expo's and right after Aaron tagged the Road America wall at Expo 17. I will get them hosted and share. :beer:

This car has quite the fan base. It's fun to see updates.
Type-R Expo
Current: 98-1040 Stolen 12/22/21
Previous: 98-0197, 01-0187, 98-0731, 97 #00171

Stin1

Post by Stin1 » Thu May 28, 2020 2:51 pm

I remember reading / seeing the pictures where they originally painted it white to graffiti. I think it was a brick wall alley if I recall properly. I am sure your HOA loved the graffiti car out there. I am also surprised thieves didn’t recognize it.

When you repaint it do you remove the old paint or keep piling it on ? Also are the artist painted on it sponsors ?

coolhandluke

Post by coolhandluke » Thu May 28, 2020 2:58 pm

I added this thread to our growing build list:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=496

:thumbup:
Type-R Expo

coolhandluke

Post by coolhandluke » Thu May 28, 2020 3:07 pm

Stin1 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:51 pm I remember reading / seeing the pictures where they originally painted it white to graffiti. I think it was a brick wall alley if I recall properly.... Also are the artist painted on it sponsors ?
Yes, Brad paid the graffiti artists via lunch and covered the spray paint costs. It was ~$130 IIRC. The words on the sides are the artist's calling card / names.
Type-R Expo

aw614

Post by aw614 » Thu May 28, 2020 3:10 pm

Glad to see you still have it. Last time I saw it was at Brooksville during one of the FAST autocrosses. I didn't know Aaron had that incident with it at Road ATL :lol:
IMG_20170101_172046.jpg
IMG_20170101_172046.jpg (1.44 MiB) Viewed 1859 times
-Andrew Wong

bucknasty

Post by bucknasty » Thu May 28, 2020 5:22 pm

We need to dig up Brad’s original H-T post on that paint job.

OG Troll
R-less

hootrscootr

Post by hootrscootr » Thu May 28, 2020 5:27 pm

Probably the most well known and def recognizable type R's to ever grace this site. Another memorable R is the PY that was made into a rally car with the massive light bar on the front and jacked up suspension.

Thanks for sharing heR backstory and IF you ever ever ever ever plan on selling it, I'm sure the list will be filled with the names of those who have lusted(haha) after this car over the years.
00-1175

RTW DC2R

Post by RTW DC2R » Fri May 29, 2020 6:48 am

Legendary chitbox
98-0034 (sold)
00-XXXX (sold)

practice chaos to develop control.

Gotin
Badge Number: 01-1112

Post by Gotin » Fri May 29, 2020 1:42 pm

I love seeing this car and now knowing more of its history. That's cool.
Also,
I love the irony of the sticker on probably the most expensive off the shelf intake for a DC2
-BJ-