Civic Type R discussion

Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR/CTR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Dave7CDMTYPER
Badge Number: 01-1322

Re: Civic Type R discussion

Post by Dave7CDMTYPER » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:12 pm

I have yet to see the ctr in person. But I've been watching tons of YT review videos. Basically everyone has been saying how fun it is to drive on the track, and how comfortable it is on the street. Seats are getting a big plus, and the Trans. Also it supposedly feels light weight compared to sti/rs.

So I'm slowly coming around. I really hope Honda makes some good refresh improvements in the next few years.

The current ctr is apparently a touring model. So I'm thinking/totally speculating that they will come out with some more "racing" versions. I hope that includes lighter weight, and toned down external design and panels.

Some rumors say they will come out with an awd version. But that could hurt the lightweight factor.

The dream for me would be for Honda to make a rwd version. Seriously why not? It'd be epic. Also make it a sedan instead of the hatch. And decrease the wheel size from 20 to like 18 or so. Take off ALL the fake vents. Make every aero thing functional if they're gonna put it on the car. Make the exhaust sound better. Best thing would be an active exhaust with valves!

I think putting in a badass N/A high revving V6 would be so epic. But now I'm really dreaming.

But overall I'm very glad the ctr is performing so well, and has the handling that Honda engineers are known for. Makes me feel like they are respecting the Type R heritage and tradition. That's what's most important to me!
ITR CDM 01-1322
2001 GS-R
I have badge #00-1259 in hand.

jayhaire
Site Admin
Badge Number: 97 #00151

Post by jayhaire » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:06 pm

We had a few on track at Expo last week. I heard a lot of great things about them but did not take one for a spin myself.

:hammer:

coolhandluke
Badge Number: 98-1040

Post by coolhandluke » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:56 pm

cheezthis wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:06 pm We had a few on track at Expo last week. I heard a lot of great things about them but did not take one for a spin myself.
I was excited to see four at Expo and pumped to see two on track. I'm looking forward to Ed and Victor's reviews on here. :thumbup:
Type-R Expo
Current: 98-1040 Stolen 12/22/21
Previous: 98-0197, 01-0187, 98-0731, 97 #00171

ayau

Post by ayau » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:31 pm

I went for an alignment yesterday.

-1.6 and -1.9 front. Not bad being 100% factory.

I'm guessing there's some slop at the knuckle to bring the 1.6 to 1.9. I think I'm happy with this until I have to replace the OEM tires. Then I'll look into loosening all the bolts to max out the bolt slop.

Zyg

Post by Zyg » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:13 pm

coolhandluke wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:56 pmI was excited to see four at Expo and pumped to see two on track. I'm looking forward to Ed and Victor's reviews on here. :thumbup:
I'd think the driver posting here: http://www.roadraceautox.com/showthread ... rrr/page18
probably has the best analysis, in two parts.