myhondahabit oil pan gasket and stud kit

Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR/CTR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
RTW DC2R

Re: myhondahabit oil pan gasket and stud kit

Post by RTW DC2R » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:55 am

Blurple_Gooch wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:01 pm
RTW DC2R wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:45 pm Ive used the myhondahabit gasket a couple times, both times it worked great. But it can be a BITCH to take off if/when the time comes. It tends to come apart in pieces from my experience and I literally had to spend hours scraping it off without damaging the oil pan surface.

I now use the Felpro Permadry oil pan gasket, the one with a rigid core and rings to help prevent over torquing and smashing the gasket. There are two part numbers, one ends in T, the other ends in R (this one is like a normal OEM gasket). You want the one that ends in T.

Felpro OS30630T Oil Pan Gasket

http://www.felpro.com/technical/tecblog ... gines.html
Ryan, are you using the stock oil pan on your car?
I have to order one of these Felpro permadry kits and was also considering the Moroso pan.
Wuddup Gooch, yeah Im back to using the stock pan with baffles welded in. I was using the moroso pan but was having issues. The pan was warped somehow and would literally wobble when I set it on the flat countertop. I went through several gaskets thinking it was a gasket/install problem and spent half the time in the garage at RA expo because of oil leaking. No problems with the OEM pan and still using the Felpro gasket.
98-0034 (sold)
00-XXXX (sold)

practice chaos to develop control.

Blurple_Gooch

Post by Blurple_Gooch » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:54 pm

Ryan- It's been a long time man, and I miss you guys. I gotta get my shit in gear and get back on track early next year, it was my plan for this year but life happens. I was reading about the warp issues with the Moroso in the forums and I'm sorry to hear about that happening to you, especially at RA. Sounds like the weld in baffles and OEM are the way to go. Any recs on the weld in kit? I'm definitely getting the Felpro T gasket, I was considering the MyHondaHabbit pan stud kit as well. I just want to get it all done right the first time. :beer:
SSBP DC2 GSR w/ JDM ITR JRSC
911 997 C2S

aw614

Post by aw614 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:06 pm

I haven't seen him post in a while on here, but I had member Devon M. put in weld-in baffles on my oil pan a few years back. Not sure the best way to contact him, but maybe someone else knows.
-Andrew Wong

Lturner

Post by Lturner » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:17 pm

aw614 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:06 pm I haven't seen him post in a while on here, but I had member Devon M. put in weld-in baffles on my oil pan a few years back. Not sure the best way to contact him, but maybe someone else knows.
I can text him. He hasn’t done much Honda stuff lately. He’s selling his HC2 itr shell if anyone is interested.

I have a pan on my py from him. It’s been great.
01-0629 PY I think?
00-1587 from the motherland CW
17-01699 RR

RTW DC2R

Post by RTW DC2R » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:34 am

Blurple_Gooch wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:54 pm Ryan- It's been a long time man, and I miss you guys. I gotta get my shit in gear and get back on track early next year, it was my plan for this year but life happens. I was reading about the warp issues with the Moroso in the forums and I'm sorry to hear about that happening to you, especially at RA. Sounds like the weld in baffles and OEM are the way to go. Any recs on the weld in kit? I'm definitely getting the Felpro T gasket, I was considering the MyHondaHabbit pan stud kit as well. I just want to get it all done right the first time. :beer:
Yep I hear ya. OEM pan is completely fine for what we are doing. And I was fine without baffles until VIR when I lost oil pressure through Hog Pen. There is a lot of compression and lateral grip there so I can see how that happened so I decided to add the baffles.

I hear ya about life! Shit always gets in the way. Im in the process of cleaning up my R and retiring it from the track.
Hopefully have something new for sometime next year but we'll see. I'll still bring the R out for events like Expo.
98-0034 (sold)
00-XXXX (sold)

practice chaos to develop control.

hondarcb

Post by hondarcb » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:18 pm

I use the Moroso standard capacity pan and the metal lined Felpro gasket on the track car. Has become a pretty standard setup amongst the Honda Challenge guys out here.

coolhandluke
Badge Number: 98-1040

Post by coolhandluke » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:11 pm

hondarcb wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:18 pm I use the Moroso standard capacity pan and the metal lined Felpro gasket on the track car. Has become a pretty standard setup amongst the Honda Challenge guys out here.
Valuable feedback that the community can benefit from. :thumbup:
Type-R Expo
Current: 98-1040 Stolen 12/22/21
Previous: 98-0197, 01-0187, 98-0731, 97 #00171

Dpine

Post by Dpine » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:54 pm

Id like to chime back in and update.
I did use the felpro gasket with the metal core. I have been leak free since mid 2018. Felpro added some nice features to that gasket to keep you from over tightning the nuts/bolts. The "snap ups" that come with it make life easy since it allows you to suspend the gasket and oil pan at each corner while installing the nuts and bolts on the pan