2001 PY ITR JDM FRONT 71K worth ?

Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR/CTR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Underrated99si

Post by Underrated99si » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:04 pm

Hello all I've been on the fence with my R for the last 2 years. Life has gotten so busy I never get to really enjoy the car anymore and it's got me thinking of letting her go to someone who can enjoy her on the regular.

I've owned the car since 2012 and built the car to the spec of a old HT member Thomas troung screen name tjtroung and I's dream spec. He passed away from cancer in 2004. I have a long post on HT or I believe here about it if the post still exists.

I built the car to be a solid weekend warrior/ daily. In 2016 I registered the car a nonop cause I only drove it on weekends off and on and didnt want to pay insurance/registration I wasnt utilizing. Car was just going to be a weekend track toy in 2016 but I only got out to 2 hpde events. Car burns little to no oil at all it was a daily for previous owners and spoon show piece for another.

Valves adjusted,Timing Belt, water pump, plugs and all fluids changed when I took over ownership at 67k. I'm super anal with fluids and fuel. Amsoil fluids only in the car and changed every 6 months if sitting or 1 day of track use. I only run vp T4 non ethanol fuel in the car to avoid ethanol problems.

Specs
2001 py ITR 71k original miles (motor/trans vin match)
-Jdm HID front spoon cf front lip
Samcro intake pipe
-Comptec ice box/filter
-Hytech header and custome test pipe for usdm catback
-Jdm 4-1 with heat shield ceramic coated with CARB compliant magnaflow cat modified ends to 2.5 for street/smog day
-SMSP 2.5 fatback
- Spoon throtle body (I believe)
-spoon earthling wires
-spoon socks
SUSPENTION
- brand new eighbach multi pro 2coilovers 700/750k
-PCI bronze bushings (all of them)
-PCI front upper arms and chamber kit
-PCI rear tow links
- no name rear camber kit (pci coming soon)
- mugen 26mm rear sway bar
- oem front sway bar new bushings
BRAKES
- EARL lines
- carbotech pads
- cold treated stoptech slotted OEM size rotors
- new oem front calipers
WHEELS
- Ruff oem GM 15's
- redone mint jdm GM 16's
- black team dynamics 15x7 +40 TRACK 205/50/15 shaved ra1's
INTERIOR
- Have all oem parts in great condition and one extra set of rear upper seat backs.
- jdm oem rear strut tower bar
-Pair of mugen OG S1 Searts with rails
-Sparco steering wheel with nrg lock
- 5 point harnesses driver 4 point passenger
- OG c's racing short shifter with mugen bushings( have another oem shift linkage with oem bushings and shifter)
- passenger air bag block
- radio delete plate
plate
- defi racer oil temp and oil pressure guages in custome oem guage pod cluster insert.
-Kirk racing roll bar powder coated to match gunmetal of oem wheels.

I've got other parts sitting around I never got to aswell but that's the gist of it. Paint is a solid 9 out of 10 few small dings but paintless dent guy could fix no issues.

Trying to guage the value of the car. Also I have a tilt sloan trailer with a winch I would need to off load aswell.

Thanks for any input and for reading

Chris

-
PY 01-964
Gt-350 or CTR in near future

hootrscootr

Re: 2001 PY ITR JDM FRONT 71K worth ?

Post by hootrscootr » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:51 pm

Pics would help with determining a starting point for price.
00-1175

Underrated99si

Post by Underrated99si » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:27 pm

Good lord I haven't posted pics in over 10 years what's a good image hosting sight these days?
PY 01-964

aklackner

Post by aklackner » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:32 am

It’s tough but most of the serious money is going to be low mileage unmodified collector’s (museum piece) cars.

A car with major modifications (carbon spoon style JDM frontend) even more so with the cage may still hold strong enthusiast value but will benefit from extensive documentation since these can vary greatly in quality. You’re going to be looking for someone who wants the end result of a project car. But without the relationship the build process itself brings it can be hard to justify the value an owner sees.

The good news here is that prices have been high and anything with good quality OEM paint should be taken seriously for value. Address flaws to maximize value.

Mostly a stab in the dark but to give some numbers, I’d say matching vins, good quality original paint, with solid documentation (invest in photos and writing the car’s story out) maybe as high as $25k, probably closer (+/-3k) to $20k?

I see 1 JDM front end went as high as $35 but that was 22k mi car with all original paperwork that was as clean as a museum piece.

https://bringatrailer.com/acura/integra-type-r/
Last edited by aklackner on Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:32 am, edited 5 times in total.

aklackner

Post by aklackner » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:33 am

Underrated99si wrote:Good lord I haven't posted pics in over 10 years what's a good image hosting sight these days?
I’ve used Imgur but the easiest is directly in the Tapatalk app (just click the photo or camera icon above the keyboard).

PeteTheCarFreak

Post by PeteTheCarFreak » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:43 am

aklackner wrote:
Underrated99si wrote:Good lord I haven't posted pics in over 10 years what's a good image hosting sight these days?
I’ve used Imgur but the easiest is directly in the Tapatalk app (just click the photo or camera icon above the keyboard).

+1 for using Tapatalk

Underrated99si

Post by Underrated99si » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:07 pm

aklackner wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:32 am It’s tough but most of the serious money is going to be low mileage unmodified collector’s (museum piece) cars.

A car with major modifications (carbon spoon style JDM frontend) even more so with the cage may still hold strong enthusiast value but will benefit from extensive documentation since these can vary greatly in quality. You’re going to be looking for someone who wants the end result of a project car. But without the relationship the build process itself brings it can be hard to justify the value an owner sees.

The good news here is that prices have been high and anything with good quality OEM paint should be taken seriously for value. Address flaws to maximize value.

Mostly a stab in the dark but to give some numbers, I’d say matching vins, good quality original paint, with solid documentation (invest in photos and writing the car’s story out) maybe as high as $25k, probably closer (+/-3k) to $20k?

I see 1 JDM front end went as high as $35 but that was 22k mi car with all original paperwork that was as clean as a museum piece.

https://bringatrailer.com/acura/integra-type-r/
Cool I was thinking some place around 23-25 give or take. Might be best if I spice her up a bit and part alot of stuff out to maximize sale. If I cant get it as a whole I know parts are just as valuable these days. I'm not trying to get rich but I'm not about to give it all away for Penny's on the dollar. I'll try and get some pics up this week.
PY 01-964

Lturner

Post by Lturner » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:19 pm

Agree, to maximize the price I would parry a lot of it out. Parts sell like hot cakes these days.
01-0629 PY I think?
00-1587 from the motherland CW
17-01699 RR