DELETED.

Post ITR/CTR Cars For Sale Here
Cm2019

Re: 1997 Integra Type R for Sale - WA State

Post by Cm2019 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:35 pm

Last edited by Cm2019 on Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jayhaire
Site Admin
Badge Number: 97 #00151

Post by jayhaire » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:15 pm

This situation has been brought to our attention, and that's honestly a rare thing on this site. Many of us have known each others for years / decades.

These cars are rare. That attracts information gathering, and it will only continue. If you ask a high price, you need to provide reasons for it.

With that said, these are what we suggest:

- both accounts (seller and potential buyer) are new. We don't charge to sell an ITR here, so please be mindful of the free service to a focused audience.
- Seller: I suggest if you don't want others controlling the message, you control it up front. If you don't tell the story you want to share and leave blanks, good or bad, others will fill in those gaps regardless if you like it or not. Post detailed photos and any other documentation. It can only help your sale in the long run. We've advised multiple positive sales for people on here, BaT, eBay, etc. We're happy to provide examples of what helps.
- Potential buyer: Thanks for sharing what you know. At this moment, the seller should provide proper info aforementioned above. Let's leave it there for now.

If anyone has questions, you know how to reach me. Let's all be professional and respectful adults. :thumbup:
:hammer:

ITR822

Post by ITR822 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:06 pm

Thanks to pwrful the true colors of the car come out. OP, stop hiding things. Our community here is very intertwined and don’t have time for your funny business, you are scaring other buyers away (which isn’t smart on your end) and also hiding things that he shared with previous links and pictures. I’d recommend being upfront if you want to sell the car. Cheers.

SocalTypeR

Post by SocalTypeR » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:02 pm

there was multiple people complaining about this car being a scam and etc.
looks like seller is not being upfront at all.
bunch of people contact her, selling keep dodging every questions. or keep saying car is pending.

seller, you need to be 100% to this amazing community we are in.

who is the car register too?

do you have the full right to sell the car?

the car looks to need alot alot of love and attention. good luck on your asking price

carpayments4life

Post by carpayments4life » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:15 am

I'm glad to see various ITRs come up for sale, on this site.
My logic is the reason that a one owner ITR, with low miles and a clean carfax sells for $65,000, which is twice the asking price of OPs car.

Yes, I believe in carfax, even though my PY has a story (see the 7th post above) and I myself, would not pay for an ITR with a story or a clouded carfax.
Yeah, poor me. I'm stuck with a 19 year old PY, with a story and it seems that the OP is stuck too.

PatHidden

Post by PatHidden » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:02 am

I would consider the OP stuck if she keeps going this route. Adjust price and be honest because there's plenty people who are willing to buy a "storied" Type R, including myself.

pwrful4

Post by pwrful4 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:59 am

The car does not have a current registration. It was previously registered to the original owner, her grandfather. Her aunt has power of attorney on the vehicle. Attempts to purchase the car through her aunt proved futile on my end. I was willing to pay a fair price for the car and had full intentions to get it back up to speed including a full repaint as it deserves.
SocalTypeR wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:02 pm there was multiple people complaining about this car being a scam and etc.
looks like seller is not being upfront at all.
bunch of people contact her, selling keep dodging every questions. or keep saying car is pending.

seller, you need to be 100% to this amazing community we are in.

who is the car register too?

do you have the full right to sell the car?

the car looks to need alot alot of love and attention. good luck on your asking price

9701TypeR

Post by 9701TypeR » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:12 pm

You may want to consider BAT, strongly. This vehicle has enough provenance and originality to get REAL buyers attention, also the best current market value. I’m certain your family doesn’t have every little bit of info, why would they. After all it wasn’t owned by you or current members of your family. I’ve sold a classic vehicle for members of my family and it’s not the easiest process so I completely understand.

There’s a lot of people out there these days who want these cars but want them at prices they paid 10yrs ago or remember them selling at. And some of them aren’t happy about that. But it’s simple economics of supply and demand and the swing in the collector car market is talking differently these days. At the end of the day anyone can pick apart any used car for sale, just don’t be discouraged by it. It’s a rare and special vehicle and there’s plenty of us who understand that.

jayhaire
Site Admin
Badge Number: 97 #00151

Post by jayhaire » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:24 pm

The commenters on BaT can swing your final auction price...both ways. If you want a strong auction, you need to be strong with your information and responsive to questions. If you're not willing to do that, it won't go well.
:hammer: