SOLD - 2001 Acura Integra Type R - 44,870 miles

Post ITR/CTR Cars For Sale Here
Goodo

SOLD - 2001 Acura Integra Type R - 44,870 miles

Post by Goodo » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:40 am

Hey Guys,

For sale is my 2001 Acura Integra Type R, Nighthawk Black Pearl 01-0201 with approximately 44,860 miles for sale with a clean California Title and pink slip in hand.

Car was recently smogged and registration has been renewed to September 2018.

The car is all stock aside from remote open and lock key fob (keyless entry). Any regular maintenance during my ownership used genuine Honda/Acura OEM parts and the car currently has all OEM Honda fluids including Honda Full Synthetic 5W-30 motor oil and Honda OEM oil filter. I have all the receipts/documentation from when I took ownership and will be including it with the sale of the Type R.

SOLD

Warmest Regards,

Goodo (Edmund)
Last edited by Goodo on Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stinkytofu

Re: 2001 Acura Integra Type R - 44,870 miles

Post by stinkytofu » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:50 am

Do you have an email to contact? I can't PM you since I have just registered my account. Interested and the color I'm looking for, thanks.

Goodo

Post by Goodo » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:48 pm

Hi Stinkytofu,

Here's my cell #: 650-898-7066

Feel free to touch base with me there, you can text me as well to start.

Goodo (Edmund)

Dave7CDMTYPER
Badge Number: 01-1322

Post by Dave7CDMTYPER » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:53 pm

Look really clean man. :thumbup:
ITR CDM 01-1322
2001 GS-R
I have badge #00-1259 in hand.

Type R

Post by Type R » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:01 pm

No comments about cars condition or transmission
@USDMITR

EJS_AP2

Post by EJS_AP2 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:30 pm

Just in case this helps anyone wondering about the condition and how this Type R drives, here's my review:

I've known Edmund for awhile now as we've met each other a few years back while getting work done on our cars since we go to the same guy for car maintenance. Our auto mechanic we go to also used to own an Integra Type R, S2000, and NSX in the past. I've owned an Integra GS-R and currently have a Honda S2000 as my daily.

I always heard Edmund had a very rare Type R in the area but never had a chance to see it in person until about 2 weeks ago when I was in his area and I was able to have a once in a lifetime opportunity to test drive his car. I was excited since the Integra Type R was one of my dream cars ever since I had my Integra GS-R.

His car is a 2001 Acura Integra Type R, badge #0201, and it had under 45K miles when I sat in it. The car had matching engine and transmission numbers and VIN tags. The black interior was in great condition as well. The black factory seats have no tears or stains of any kind and the floor mats have no staining, fading, or scratches anywhere. All power accessories in the car work correctly and the A/C blows cold.

Before testing driving the Type R, he pointed out how the VIN transmission tag rivets were not the OEM ones, as he had purchased the car with it like that unknowingly, and had tracked down and communicated to the previous owners except for the first/original owner. He mentioned the VIN transmission tag rivet was not the original one based on what was discovered when he had the car on Bring a Trailer last year.

His conclusion from reaching out to the previous owners was that none of them had any knowledge or made any repairs to the transmission, so that meant if there was any work done, it was probably done through the original/first owner - which Edmund said would have been under the Acura factory warranty, since the original owner owned the car for about 4 years.

He also pointed out two minor dents on the exterior of the car, one on the A pillar on the driver's side and one on the trunk lid. He also told me the the wheels had some minor curb rash which were present and touched up by the previous owner.

While test driving the car, I can say the shift lever felt light and accurate. There were no grinding noises when shifting through the gears, and the smooth shifts between each gear indicated to me that this Type R gearbox was in great condition. The car accelerated without hesitation and screamed like a motorcycle when Edmund urged me to test out the VTEC. The Type R actually sounds louder when it hits VTEC compared to my S2000, which left my blood pumping much more when pushing the car a bit during the test drive while handling the corners with ease due to the limited slip differential.

Overall, the Type R is all stock minus the keyless entry key fob, the clean engine bay and performance on the road showed it to be a well maintained car, considering the relative low miles. The car had no mechanical issues, the engine idled fine and accelerated nicely along with the smooth manual transmission shifts with no grinds.

I'd encourage anyone looking for a Type R to consider this one, if it was in my budget today I wouldn't hesitate to buy this Type R, as it's one of the few lower mileage, well maintained, stock ones out there. Good luck to you guys and hope this review helps anyone considering to buy an Integra Type R.

-Elijah

Underrated99si

Post by Underrated99si » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:32 am

Was this a east coast car or did previous owner live by the beach? I noticed the small amounts of rust on suspension exhaust not associated to a CA car

Clean ass car. Making me think abput getting another one just to have a mint OG original.
PY 01-964
Gt-350 or CTR in near future

Goodo

Post by Goodo » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:03 pm

First of all, thank you Elijah for your honest review after test driving my Type R.

Hi Underrated99si,

Based on my understanding and through Carfax, the car was originally in Kentucky, then it went to Ohio, and Oregon. I purchased the car from Bend, Oregon, and it's been sitting in my California garage since 2013.

From my recollection with the previous owner, he recounted a story where the owner he purchased the Type R from was a retired Real Estate gentleman. The gentleman was so particular about the car that he wouldn't even let the previous owner close the hood himself.

From the google photos link, I also included a Pre Purchase Inspection done by South Bay Honda and I requested the foreman himself to do the inspection. I chose Honda instead of an Acura dealership because the foreman who was doing the inspection had worked specifically on Integra Type R's in the past and he was familiar with them. I also inquired directly to him about the rust on the underbelly of the car. He told me it was just light surface and nothing to worry about. I believe he puts in the report there is light surface rust on the underbelly.

Of all the times I've had the car in for maintenance when it was put up for oil/fluid changes and you can see the underbelly clearly, I always asked about the rust since I've only ever lived in California - everyone told me it was relatively minor and not a big issue for this car due to the overall condition. But I still wanted to show potential buyers so I had taken close up photos of the underbelly for everyone to see, to be as transparent as possible.

Warmest Regards,

Goodo (Edmund)

voiddweller

Post by voiddweller » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:49 am

Thanks for posting all the detailed pics. Great looking car. Good luck with the sale!
'19 ZLE, '12 MDX, '04 TSX MT,